I think in theory EMGs should actually give you less feedback than most other pickups since they have a preamp built in that's supposed to reduce things that cause it. I'd take a look at the wiring of the guitar in more detail, make sure all the connections are solid and the soldering is good. There shouldn't be much soldering for an EMG equipped guitar but there will be some. If you're not comfy with it then take it to a tech and have it looked at.

It's also worth making sure that everything else in your signal chain is all right, everything from pedals to cables to the amps you're using, everything. Make 100% sure it's definitely the guitar. It could be almost anything in your signal chain causing it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Doubt it's the pickups. Even busted wiring will usually just mean a loss of signal - not crazy feedback. More likely to be something between the guitar and amp, if not the amp settings. A bit more information is needed if you want help figuring this out. Does this happen when you plug directly into a clean amp on low volume?
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Yeah, start with plugging directly to the amp.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115