I said to myself, "no way there's no ****ing Nocternity thread."

Lo and behold, here we are. Onyx is killer, one of the most crisp sounding albums in existence. Sounds like the clanging of steel swords as they clash against armour, perfect atmosphere.

They had a new album out this year, "Harps of the Ancient Temples," and it's an A+ release. The colour grey accompanies the albums so well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuYZL5UiBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMJNxlXETxo
http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/interview-with-greeces-nocternity/

Something I enjoyed from the interview with Khal Drogo (I think so anyways because it doesn't say, but he's the only member for the entirety of Nocternity).

During that time, what have been the most significant changes that you’ve witnessed in black metal? And have they always been positive?

Black Metal is now mainstream, everybody can access it, it has nothing to do with the past. I think this is the biggest change, Black Metal used to be mystique, dangerous, something for just few people that actually believed in the most crazy ideas back then now it’s just another genre with “fans”, nothing more.

Many argue that black metal has become commercial in the sense that because anyone can access the music, the true spirit of black metal has become diluted and dulled. Do you agree? And do you think black metal can ever retain the potency it once had?

Well, that has happened since ‘97 or so when it got really major and mainstream so it’s nothing new. No it can’t and it’s completely fine with me, unique is only for once after that it can’t be recreated or catch the atmosphere of that time. Nostalgic? Sure making records in the same early vein for nostalgia is good but don’t fool yourself the early records and that feeling will never be recreated or return as it was.
Fuck yeah Onyx is a monumental fuck of a listen. I originally described it on these forums in 2009 or so as a "Det Som without all the magic" and I believe I was referring to the actual sound and production. What a perfect sound quality. Very much in tuned with wraith warfare, battlefields with histories of deep pathos' and monumental sorrows.

This album has a sort of professionalism as well. It clocks in at a pretty short 30+ min listen or so and the steel never rusts throughout. Galloping horses don't sound cheesy as fukk here because they are made with RIFFS and rampage DRUMS.

You can breathe in the fumes of rain soaked armaments. Damp soil heavy with crimson history.

I have not heard the latest but expect that t change relatively soon. Listen to this album you nerds.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Aeternus - Beyond The Wandering Moon is a good companion listen for those looking to witness a massive Black Metal battlefield
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I have not given rest of his stuff a good listen yet but A Fallen Unicorn EP is quite often in my playlist. Great stuff from start to finish.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3