The media makes white people skeptical of black people, which makes black people skeptical of white people.
This is negative reciprocity.

Everyone is trying to find an answer to this race war. Between lectures, discussions, news, media, protests, riots, nothing is going to work to stop this racial degradation that plagues our collective unconscious.

I, myself, somehow consider myself more racist today more than I ever was. I notice race daily and my subconscious reminds me of stereotypes. The more our generation and the media plagues us with biased (and even non-biased) information--whether it be an article about the bullshit happening in Baltimore or cop related racial murders or anything that has to do with race really...anything with "black people" or "white people" in the title--the more it plagues our unconscious.

That is why our society sucks. Racism has plagued our collective unconscious because of us. You, me, that racist nazi in the corner, and that activist protesting over there.
It's all our fault.
By just writing this, I am essentially contributing.

My opinion of resolution to you is this:
Turn off your media devices, stop watching TV (especially the news...), stop reading the newspaper. You don't need those things. They are just filler to potential productivity.
Stop being such a goddamned smart human and stop over-thinking everything. Take nothing as racial. Just try to be happy. No matter what, try to be happy. The more you correlate unhappiness with racial motives, the more racism is propagated throughout your unconscious.

TL;DR
F*ck you and f*ck me we're racists.
Dont believe the hype. Flavor Flav is still the man, no matter how vh1 decided to paint him
I don't even watch TV. What. You think just because I'm Hispanic means I have nothing better to do than watch TV? That's racist!

p.s. your opinion is nothing new nor worth this thread. And weed is dumb, yo.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
this is all true so lets just hit the blunt cuz when u hit the blunt u feel no pain - bob marley

Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Apr 30, 2015,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
p.s. your opinion is nothing new nor worth this thread. And weed is dumb, yo.

this
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I try to distance myself from the media as much as possible. A lot of people somehow still don't see how manipulative they are.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
Quote by Fat Lard
Weed makes u dumb, Ive known this since 5th grade

Wow... this was such a mean-spirited jab...

I don't remember much of what I did last night but I want to apologize to Joshua Garcia, who is of Latino heritage.
Quote by Fat Lard
Wow... this was such a mean-spirited jab...

I don't remember much of what I did last night but I want to apologize to Joshua Garcia, who is of Latino heritage.
Was... that first half supposed to be directed at me or something?

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
^I was making fun of your "weed is dumb, yo" statement.

The second part was just a APileOfMemeing messing w/ you.
As society progresses I feel like we discover we would be better without society. So many problems have pretty much started because humans are the most dick-like species in the planet. Dicks to other humans. How crazy is it that we got rid of blatant racism, but somehow it is still there strongly lurking and making the whole country (USA) nuts.

They say dolphins and other animals are very smart... Maybe that is why they don't have civilization. It would be hilarious to find find out they have tried it before and realized life is much better without it.
I generally try to take the news with a grain of salt because I know what kind of people can get accepted into journalism courses.

I'm not going to take this thread all too seriously, but as a serious response: You don't have to stop watching the news. You should simply not jump to a new conclusion every time you get the tiniest bit of new information, regardless of the motives of the person giving you the information. This is something I think people should take to heart in general.
You should read an unbiased source of news and make your own judgement on the matter. Too many news sites and journalists nowadays add heavy doses of opinions and prejudice to the news, on both sides of the political spectrum. All you can do it get around that is make your own decision on the events you see and not take the word of some lefty womens studies graduate/right wing ex financial services journalist to form your opinion.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
My mom not too long ago mentioned that news reporters were pretty down low on the 'Salaries Chart'. My response was something like "Good, the majority of them dont even deserve pay"

Amazing that Journalism is an actual 4 year major, though. Seems more like 2 full-term semesters requisite IMO
There's a lot of actual good journalism out there it's just a shame most of it is either Buzzfeed level clickbait or terrible opinions regurgitated onto a word document with a barely disguised agenda of some sort.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Gonna have to slightly disagree with TS although I do agree with your overall points.

Unless you can convince a whole population to stop using media, then it doesn't matter what you do at the individual level, it make's no difference.

Racism in society is generational as well, so even we got rid of media, it would still persists because it is so deeply embedded in the culture. It wouldn't fix the economic, judicial, labour/business and power differential between races either.

What we need concerning media, is a complete reform and for the media to be held accountable for rises in social disparities. For example, since 9/11, the constant negative portrayal of Muslims has led to racial violence, increased incarceration rates (they have doubled in 10 years in the uk), high unemploment rates etc and not a single person or media organisation will be taken to task for causing shit stirring.
Last edited by Blacknoise at May 1, 2015,
The main problem here in America is that entertainment = news, and they can just restructure their org so that their lies are covered by 1st Amendment.

It may be impossible to be completely objective, but it should be illegal for reporters to withhold "experts say" cites, withholding known information, and just clever wordplay in general that mislead skim-reading (or the just plain dumb)
so, essentially, because we see the effects of racial stereotypes and think about them on a day-to-day basis because of the media, we become less perceptive of these problems?

or is media bias altering these perspectives? you don't make a clear argument for yourself. either way, people are dumb >>>> end of story

edit: ok, so i actually read the last paragraph of your post. if you get that dumb from smoking pot, stop, save the rest of us who don't
Last edited by Dregen at May 1, 2015,
Quote by SunshineMusicO
The media makes white people skeptical of black people, which makes black people skeptical of white people.
This is negative reciprocity..

the media does not make us do anything
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
and honestly I think peoplehave the wrong idea about the media

the media is not there to deliver news and facts and updates on events. There media is there to try to make a profit. It's a business. Once they find their market, they'll only focus on that. Hence the 'biased' reporting when Fox is racist or when the Huffington Post is super liberal.

Of course there is also the small market of people who do want genuine unbiased journalism.

but yeah, the media is a business and don't expect otherwise
it's all coming back

I don't have tv for 5 years, but right now I'm in a hotel, so I have it. What a pile of shit. Network tv? haha, crap and commercials. News...lol at FOX and CNN, propaganda and then a pill commercial. Those poor americans, UK has less commercials but even worse crap from what I remember. And all new action movies suck. How many teasers will have a big steel door slam 10 times on the soundtrack?

Why would anyone watch this? What is good is online, tv will die very soon i hope
Quote by Baby Joel
but yeah, the media is a business and don't expect otherwise

Pretty much, yeah. Any discussion about capitalism aside, this is kinda the point of having something be a business and making profit the major concern. It's fair enough to be of the opinion that journalism should be about increasing transparency or whatever, but you always have to take into account why things are the way they are, regardless of your ideals.
You know what's great about living in Puerto Rico? Everyone is so god damn mixed that no one gives a shit about race. I'm pretty sure there are still some racists, but for them most part I think people don't really care about all of that nonsense.

That's where I live though, in the mountains. Maybe in the rich areas in the metropolitan part of the island more racists could be found but I doubt it.
Quote by SunshineMusicO
This is negative reciprocity.

Everyone is trying to find an answer to this race war. Between lectures, discussions, news, media, protests, riots, nothing is going to work to stop this racial degradation that plagues our collective unconscious.

I, myself, somehow consider myself more racist today more than I ever was. I notice race daily and my subconscious reminds me of stereotypes. The more our generation and the media plagues us with biased (and even non-biased) information--whether it be an article about the bullshit happening in Baltimore or cop related racial murders or anything that has to do with race really...anything with "black people" or "white people" in the title--the more it plagues our unconscious.

That is why our society sucks. Racism has plagued our collective unconscious because of us. You, me, that racist nazi in the corner, and that activist protesting over there.
It's all our fault.
By just writing this, I am essentially contributing.

My opinion of resolution to you is this:
Turn off your media devices, stop watching TV (especially the news...), stop reading the newspaper. You don't need those things. They are just filler to potential productivity.
Stop being such a goddamned smart human and stop over-thinking everything. Take nothing as racial. Just try to be happy. No matter what, try to be happy. The more you correlate unhappiness with racial motives, the more racism is propagated throughout your unconscious.

TL;DR
F*ck you and f*ck me we're racists.

I agree with a lot of this. But I don't think it makes you racist to notice and constantly have to think of race, it just makes you and society as a whole much more racial .
Quote by Fat Lard
That Goya commercial where the dude shreds flamenco

yeah but Goya is icky
it's all coming back

Man, where on earth do you live?
Remind me to never move there
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Baby Joel
yeah but Goya is icky

Ive never had it, but it cant be as nasty as that guy's chops
> racism is caused by thinking about racism and a person thinks about racism if and only if they're already a racist (op 2015)
> by the well ordering principle, there must exist a first person who thought about racism
> this person must have already been a racist
> if they're already a racist, racism existed before the first thought of racism
> contradiction therefore either
>> racism has no beginning, like god or some shit
>> ts is stupid
qed
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by bdof
I agree with a lot of this. But I don't think it makes you racist to notice and constantly have to think of race, it just makes you and society as a whole much more racial .

academics usually use the term "racialized" meaning "races exist".
as far as i can tell, the notion that acknowledging race is somehow racism is a deliberate confusion. not only does it undermine the civil rights movement by pegging it racist, it stands in for ideas about power&oppression, insisting that, in fact, this whole race struggle is a matter of two groups simply convinced they can't get along.
p dumb
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Tempoe
I don't have tv for 5 years, but right now I'm in a hotel, so I have it. What a pile of shit. Network tv? haha, crap and commercials. News...lol at FOX and CNN, propaganda and then a pill commercial. Those poor americans, UK has less commercials but even worse crap from what I remember. And all new action movies suck. How many teasers will have a big steel door slam 10 times on the soundtrack?

Why would anyone watch this? What is good is online, tv will die very soon i hope

Yea I'm really getting sick of cable tv. I swear, if I hear that stupid you gotta gotta gotta swipe it left truth commercial one more time...
THIS JUST IN: Internet user makes societally introspective post while high, solves world crises.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
THIS JUST IN: Internet user makes societally introspective post while high, solves world crises.

Societally? What are you, stoned?
societally introspective lolwut
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
BREAKING NEWS: Man attacks Media, Confirmed Reports of Butthurt Nationwide. Unfair to Listeners?