So I'm looking into getting a new amp head (Just sold my Orange TH30) and currently I guess it's between an Egnater Vengeance and a Krank Rev 1. Both $600 used.

I want a versatile amp with separate channel EQs (I'm very picky about my tone and like to be able to control everything about my sound). I play a lot of heavier stuff, but I also delve into alternative rock and punk here and there, so I don't want a strictly metal amp.

If there might be better options for me, please help me out! The most I am really able to spend outright is $700-$750, and new with like a payment plan from say AMS, zZounds, etc., would probably be $1,000-$1,200 (Would just prefer to buy used though).
i am really not a fan of egnater. i have owned a renegade, tweaker, and a rebel 30. they aren't the most durable and solid feeling amps. kranks are pretty damn solid. tone wise, i love the krank and have tried one, but i haven't tried the egnater.

to me egnater as a company is kind of gimmicky. the wattage knobs, the tube mix knobs, etc. they don't do much. they look better in paper IMO.

i would go for the krank.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I agree an EVH 5150 III will work good.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Krank is deff better, see if you can find a rev+ though, I liked them better than the regular Rev.

Another amp to consider is a used Peavey JSX they run $500-$600

You can find a used Mesa DC10, Rectoverb/single recto, dual recto, Tremoverb for your budget also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I was also considering the EVH but the thing that turns me off about it is that everyone says there's a huge volume jump from channel 1 to 2, and that would bug the shit out of me. So is it really as bad as everyone says?
There are separate master volume controls for each channel, so whatever wrote about the "huge volume jump" didn't know how to turn a couple knobs to obtain the same volume from both channels.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
On the 50 watt, channels 1 and 2 (clean and crunch) share a volume knob.

I can't comment on the severity of the volume jump. I don't use the clean much.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by MusicMan24
I was also considering the EVH but the thing that turns me off about it is that everyone says there's a huge volume jump from channel 1 to 2, and that would bug the shit out of me. So is it really as bad as everyone says?

It is deff noticeable, but not as big of a deal as most make it out to be. You can get rid of the jump in volume if you use a midi capable controller to set the channel presets
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate