or similar locking trem. Kahler preferably, but beggars can't be choosers.

I was recently "promoted" to lead guitar in my band, and I want to be able to do those crazy high pitched harmonics and notes you get by pulling the bar up, I also do a lot of just making melodic noise through reverb and delay, my Stratocaster is obviously not suited to extreme bar mashing.

I play a mixture of gloomy metal metal with blackened, post-hardcore, doom and gothic rock influences.

I'm thinking about one of these,

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/vertigo/65-vertigo-elite.html

as I have a Vertigo with a stop-tail and love it, but it's a little out of my budget right now.

My other thoughts:

http://www.bcrich.com/products/view/mockingbird-plus-fr

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page15.php?year=2015&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=1&data_id=147&color=CL02

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page15.php?year=2015&area_id=3&cat_id=1&series_id=32&data_id=252&color=CL01

Any suggestions or input?
Cry yourself to ash
The B.C. Rich seems to have the highest quality trem from what I know about those 4. Granted the JEM JR has a trem I've never seen before. I recommend the B.C. Rich with a pickup swap. Or possibly searching for something used with an Original Floyd in it. Your $500 limit can DEFINITELY get that in the U.S. so that's my recommendation. Good luck!
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Go used. $500 isn't very much to spend on a new guitar with a solid Floyd Rose. But used at that budget gives you lots of great options on guitars.

I'd look into something like an Ibanez S series with a ZR bridge. Good bridge and you can get one of those under <$500 all day.

You can also get an MIJ Pro Series Jackson at that price used easily as well. Great quality guitars, although the Dinky's could do with new bridges.

I'd also strongly recommend NOT getting that JEM. They're very overpriced and all show but no go.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 1, 2015,
See if you can find any used LTD 1000 series guitars near you, the M1000 is my favorite, and I have bought ones as low as 425 (used of course) in mint condition.
If you don't mind fun guitar shapes, you can get a BC Rich KK Speed V. It has a Kahler.
If you want new check out Agile if you're in the states.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
+1 for Agile, I have one of their Les Paul copies (AL-3100M), and it's amazing. Not sure what their guitars with tremolos are like, though.

My favorite, go-to guitar is a mid-80s Yamaha SE612A, fat strat / HSS style, with Yamaha's RM-Pro tremolo, which is great, IMO at least as good as a Floyd-Rose, easier to re-string, locking nut, stays in tune incredibly well. You can get some great vintage guitars with Floyd Rose or similar style tremolos, made-in-Japan, for under $500 including, but not limited to, Yamahas. Ibanez Roadstar, Blazer, also come to mind. From the USA, an older Guild Detonator (80s?) would be in that price range, I think with a Guild-branded tremolo system similar to a Floyd-Rose (great neck on those).

Oh, you can also get higher end Yamaha Pacificas (from 90's?) that have FR-type tremolos. Pacifica 712, 912, etc. These higher end Pacificas retailed for like $700 new 25 years ago, but sell for around $500 or less used, with high end hardware, great build quality, just great bang-for-the-buck.

Ken
Bernie Sanders for President!
I bought a Westone with a Floyd (a real Floyd) for $100 at a pawn shop not all that long ago. Used is always the way to go.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Go used. $500 isn't very much to spend on a new guitar with a solid Floyd Rose. But used at that budget gives you lots of great options on guitars.

I'd look into something like an Ibanez S series with a ZR bridge. Good bridge and you can get one of those under <$500 all day.

You can also get an MIJ Pro Series Jackson at that price used easily as well. Great quality guitars, although the Dinky's could do with new bridges.

I'd also strongly recommend NOT getting that JEM. They're very overpriced and all show but no go.

^What he said. (Assuming you're experienced enough to know what to look for when buying used)

I scored this MIJ 89 Charvel Fusion for $280 on Craigslist.

In my limited experience with a Floyd's I discovered the words cheap an Floyd are not two words that go together very well.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Licensed FRs are cheap, FR Special are cheap. I suspect that the FR Series 1000 isn't all that expensive either. But I understand that once we're talking about the German one or US one, things get very pricey.
The floyd 1000 is perfectly respectable, and will hold up to all the whammy craziness you want to do. The specials are not bad, and can be found on some new guitars in the 500ish range, if you really need to go new. Avoid a cheap licensed one like the plague. Far more hassle than they're worth. There are good licensed ones, but they're not cheap. Like others have said, go used with that budget. You'll be able to get something with a 1000, or maybe even an original, or a good licensed one.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
i would suggest a used ibanez prestige 1550 or 1570 if you can't find higher. i own three (3550mz, 2570evsl, and 1570) and i love them. hell of a lot of guitar for $500. the S-Series are pretty nice too. make sure you get a MIJ.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/