I'd like to buy a new bass and after some research I find that the right choice for me is this
http://www.thomann.de/it/fender_deluxe_pbass_special_mn_bk.htm

But it's an active bass. I actually prefer the simplicity of a passive bass, I don't like the idea of wasting time adjusting the eq settings for every song I play trying to find the perfect tone.
So, is there a bass like this but passive. And where can I find it?
Well it's a PJ bass which means you're narrowing down the selection to pretty much 99.99% of bass guitars. Was there anything else specific about the Fender Deluxe P that got your interest?
well I really can't choose between P and J bass so I find the PJ bass a really good choice. I listened to some demos online and I really like the sound and how it looks. It's got the jazz neck and that's a +1. I like the idea of having one bass that can sound like p and j bass.
Really the only thing I don't like it's the active electronic. I'm sure I'd rage on every song trying to find the perfect tone. And I'll need batteries.
I think you're overthinking the whole active electronics thing. Just set the EQ to flat and adjust if you need to. In my experience, I've found them to be helpful. The batteries tend to last a while unless you leave your instrument plugged in at all times. I usually just replace mine once a year around the same time. I've never had an active bass die on me during a gig, but maybe I'm just lucky.
Totally agree with Black Ox.
I tend to leave my stingrays at about 50% treble and bass boost and just tweak the volume.
Batteries last ages too. I've never NEEDED to change a battery, but I do so every 6 months-ish just to keep fresh.
Quote by MaggaraMarine

That seems the bass I was looking for. I don't like the color though. And anyway they don't ship to my country. I tried to find a similar bass, even used, here in europe but I couldn't find anything.

Quote by CorrosionMedia
Totally agree with Black Ox.
I tend to leave my stingrays at about 50% treble and bass boost and just tweak the volume.
Batteries last ages too. I've never NEEDED to change a battery, but I do so every 6 months-ish just to keep fresh.

Quote by Black Ox
I think you're overthinking the whole active electronics thing. Just set the EQ to flat and adjust if you need to. In my experience, I've found them to be helpful. The batteries tend to last a while unless you leave your instrument plugged in at all times. I usually just replace mine once a year around the same time. I've never had an active bass die on me during a gig, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Well, it's good to hear that. I really like that bass, maybe I should just go on even if it's active
Quote by gimmy94.boscaro
T
Well, it's good to hear that. I really like that bass, maybe I should just go on even if it's active

Hit it! I've got both active and passive, and there's nothing that says you have to fiddle more with the active controls than you do with those on the passive.
Quote by dspellman
Hit it! I've got both active and passive, and there's nothing that says you have to fiddle more with the active controls than you do with those on the passive.

This. Are you saying you'd rather have a passive bass because it is less versatile (which is not necessarily the case) and therefore easier to use?

You don't really have to fiddle with the EQ at all. Just put it where you want it for your tone and leave it there unless you think a song really demands a different tone.
Dude, I play bass. I don't get paid for anything past the 4th fret.
Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass is a similar setup and is passive.

Last edited by Captain Insano at May 11, 2015,