Bello, i want to buy a multiefects processor and im between the zoom g1xon por the boss me 20 wich one is better ? And why! Thanks !
Last edited by darthandre111 at May 1, 2015,
If you want a drum machine and looper (which sync also) then the g1xon. The g1xon is probably going to have better amp models and distortion stomps. Plus the g1xon has a flexible FX chain. The Boss has more foot switches for easier manipulation on the fly.
Zoom all the way for me.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
They're better in every way IMO.

I've had Boss multi effects in the past, and while some of the modulations & delays are OK, the drives were awful.

The Zoom has premium quality effects up there with the best on the market, and has loads of features like looper, drum sequencer and a USB interface. The G1Xon also has an aux input which is a useful addition for practicing along to MP3s etc.

Zoom's G series is arguably the best multi effects unit on the market these days, the Boss ME series have fallen way behind.

Line 6 PODs are also worth looking into, but I'd still prefer the Zoom. If you can afford it though, go for the G3X or G5. More effects, more flexible, more useful if you got to the point where you want to start gigging, just more in every way (expect for the aux input, that's only on the G1on).
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I used to have the Zoom G1Next or something along those lines. Pretty sweet drive pedal. VERY simple to use, easy to understand. Plenty of tones. Of course switching tones is a bit tough since you only have a previous and next button. You can't jump from 1 to 5 so to say. Otherwise I had few complaints. The drum loop was pretty cool so that's fun to use. Though it did feel 'cheap' after a little while and I went with the Digitech Rp1000 for its insane versatility between different tone modules and special effects. Not to mention you can choose modulated cab tones or bypass them and use the board as a pedal board only.
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
^ That's the older model of Zoom's effects, they've moved a lot higher up in the market with their newer pedals
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
^ That's the older model of Zoom's effects, they've moved a lot higher up in the market with their newer pedals

I figured as much. Good deal then
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
Quote by fly135
I don't think the gxon has a USB audio interface.

True - my mistake, the G3 is USB interface, the G1xon's USB port is only for firmware updates.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud