So, I thought today was Sunday and I forgot to go to class, but at least it wasn't wasted cuz I threw some major shade at pAWNlol's ass. Actually, I had no personal references to make, so it's just a general shittalk track.

I also found the premier model for my 2015 S/S lookbook:

Anyway, feel free to use the instrumental and make your own diss track.

u muthrfukr!!!!! i told u not to mess wit me now tha whole world gon' no who u really r!!!!
Attachments:
pawnlol diss track.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N

Lyrics aside (they are a joke, right? lol), this beat is legit. I really would like to hear your stuff produced using a serious DAW. Your work never ceases to amaze me. You've certainly found your niche. Of all of the composers on this forum, you seem to come from a decidedly pop/hip-hop orientation. It's a breath of fresh air.

So, onto the review.

I like the overall progression. It's simple and relatively dark. Despite its simplicity, there is a lot of instrumental variation going on with the embellishments. The string ensemble builds intensity and works well with the choir. The juxtaposition of two separate percussion sections (one seemingly tribal, the other more modern and trap-esque) is genius. The occasional breaks (specifically at bars 24 and 28) were good--they leave space for a rapper to drop hard punchlines. There are also many nice subtle effects throughout the song (like the various dives and inverted dips with the piano and string sections) which show your characteristic meticulousness. The bubbly-sounding piano "trill" was a good way to close out the beat.

TLDR: This shit goes hard as ****.
---

If you could, would you mind taking a look at my song Eidolon? That was the latest piece I wrote. I'll probably be working on revisions later this month after my finals.
Yeah this was my response to the beef he started.
You know I've always wondered why rap is the only genre that has feuds. I guess because it's lyrically focused but idk I think more artists should feud.

Uhhh anyway, thanks for the feedback D2! This was kinda quickly thrown together so it has the generic imspazzen sound, but I'm actually trying to move away from this style. More R&B/funk/pop type stuff.

I like the first 28 bars (even though the trumpet line is pretty cheesy) but afterwards it just kind of meanders like the rest of my pieces do. I actually hate the piano line at 29 but I thought it fit the "condescending" childish aspect of the lyrics.
Wait why am I critting my own piece

Thanks for listening D2 I'm glad you enjoyed it! Oh, and I'll check your song Monday or Tuesday. Don't wanna listen on my treble-heavy laptop speakers.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N