Over 3,000 police officers being investigated for alleged assault - and almost all of them are still on the beat

With a load of attention on the US currently, I think its only fair we remind ourselves that we're not perfect and could do with making improvements too.

I've had police officers act very aggressive towards me and my friends on nights out, not shot/arrested/beat up mind you, but still it wasn't great

thoughts?
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
police brutality sucks and it sucks that it exists in a country that has CCTV cameras literally everywhere
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
police brutality sucks and it sucks that it exists in a country that has CCTV cameras literally everywhere

80% of the cameras are on private property, and are used to deter crime and catch criminals that break in/steal stuff
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
I've had police officers act very aggressive towards me and my friends on nights out, not shot/arrested/beat up mind you, but still it wasn't great

- "You guys! You'll never guess what happened, just mere moments ago!!"
- "Do tell!!"
- "We just had a GREAT time with the police!"
- "How marvelous!!"
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
fuk babylon

but real talk, i have never once witnessed aggressive police in york
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It was more like

"Fvck off and take you're drunk friend with you before we arrest you. What kind of friends are you letting him get that drunk, you're idiots"
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by Blayney
Sounds like good policing to me.

its good until they do it to Britian's next ultimate MMA fighter wannabe and they kick off, which happened literally 15 minutes after they left us alone
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I walked by two policemen resting on bicycles today and I was laughing at a joke and one of the policeman jokingly said 'don't laugh, we're exhausted!'

So I had a good laugh with the police

also

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORXmE5_kkbQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
The UK police wait... did they really sexually assault people?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Bladez22
80% of the cameras are on private property, and are used to deter crime and catch criminals that break in/steal stuff

yeah i was hyperbolising
Quote by Neo Evil11
The UK police wait... did they really sexually assault people?

idk about the coppers, but the french military did
it's all coming back

wtf that's almost worse than killing black people
it's all coming back

I've only had to deal with the police a few times in my life, but the few times I have, I've found them more lazy than aggressive.

They seem perfectly happy to sit around in KFC, but when real shit goes down they're too busy eating KFC to do anything about it.

tl;dr: Uk police love KFC and not much else
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Neo Evil11

Still, that is not that bad and they do get charged for it. This is not at all like the USA situation.

didnt say it was? was just highlighting the fact that i've seen/heard many people state that police aggression/wrongdoings is solely a US problem
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Trowzaa
fuk babylon

but real talk, i have never once witnessed aggressive police in york

I have never once witnessed aggressive police in Milwaukee. However, I am white and live/hang out on the white side of a highly racially segregated city.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Baby Joel

i'm going to take this quote a step further and say that everything sucks in every country.
tbh i'm feeling more and more detached from the idea that any police force currently in existence actually serve the function of being a protective and socially beneficial service. More in the US than the UK but
I'd imagine police aggression in the UK is basically forgetting to apologize after handing out a speeding ticket or fine.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Banjocal
tbh i'm feeling more and more detached from the idea that any police force currently in existence actually serve the function of being a protective and socially beneficial service. More in the US than the UK but

yeah.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'd imagine police aggression in the UK is basically forgetting to apologize after handing out a speeding ticket or fine.

ZING
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
i'm going to take this quote a step further and say that everything sucks in every country.

:y: my man
it's all coming back

If our police beat up someone it was probably some cunty chav who actually deserved it for being a prick.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Bladez22
It was more like

"Fvck off and take you're drunk friend with you before we arrest you. What kind of friends are you letting him get that drunk, you're idiots"

fair words honestly i'd probably say the same regardless of my profession or position of power
Look at the muricans proud of how shit they're police are
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
Look at the muricans proud of how shit they're police are

Yeah it's the funniest shit.

'Wow look at this europoor libtards, not even man enough to be violent.'

By the way that vid you posted was great but do you talk like that as well? If you do we would have a few communication issues if we ever met. I'd probably just be saying 'Sorry, didn't catch that' over and over.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Nah, my accent's not nearly as thick as that. Plus, ever since I came to uni 4 years ago I've unconsciously adopted a more neutral, clearer dialect. If I'm at home with my mates though I'll sound a little more like that video
Quote by ErikLensherr

It's great how they say police tho.

What're ya gonna do about it? Phone the pohlice? m8, we are the pohlice.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at May 2, 2015,
All this reminds me of the words of Joe Strummer and The Clash. Been on a kick of them recently, with all the crap going on over here across the great gray sea. Cops are just doing their jobs - until they take one step out of bounds. Alot of the US ones seem to feel that they are above the law.

I used to talk to a cop that had a stressful home life. "I hope i get to f---ing shoot someone today."

I don't like this world.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...