Ok so i am planning on buying a new guitar fairly soon. I currently have a Dean VMNT signature Dave Mustaine V, its an amazing guitar and i totally recommend it. The only problem is sitting down with it.... its the most uncomfortable thing! I want a guitar that's comfortable to sit on the couch with and practice with.

Here is the rundown of what i am looking for in the guitar itself:
-Budget is $1000
-Favorite artists: Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Saxon, Metallica, Randy Rhoads, Accept, Ace Frehley, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy
-Strat/soloist type body (Not a V)
- Want a Floyd Rose

Ive been doing some research and 2 guitars that i found would suit me good are the Jackson SL2Q and the Schecter Hybrid FR. Which one is better in your opinion? PLEASE give me some more suggestions on guitars that would be good for me. THANKS!!
My vote is the Soloist. I own a very similarly speced Jackson RR. (Mine's only 22 frets and EMG pickups) but it plays pretty fantastic. And at that price you'll even get a nice case and still be right round your $1000 mark. I like it.=)
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by camerjamer1
The only problem is sitting down with it.... its the most uncomfortable thing! I want a guitar that's comfortable to sit on the couch with and practice with.

FWIW, I just put the "crotch" of my Flying V over my right leg, put the guitar at about a 45 degree angle and play it almost as if it were a classical guitar. Shorten up the strap a lot (if you're using one seated) and you're good to go. After a couple of days, you'll find it's a very comfortable position.

Yes:

No:

Quote by dspellman
FWIW, I just put the "crotch" of my Flying V over my right leg, put the guitar at about a 45 degree angle and play it almost as if it were a classical guitar. Shorten up the strap a lot (if you're using one seated) and you're good to go. After a couple of days, you'll find it's a very comfortable position.

Yes:

No:

I always sit like that with my guitar. just hard to sit on the couch with it. Idk its not that comfortable to me.
Jackson Soloist.

If you want to spend a bit less check out the Agile Interceptor $500 - neck-thru, EMGs, ebony board.

http://www.rondomusic.com/INTEPRO625ebemgbkqlt.html
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Soloist hands down. Very cool guitar.
Quote by camerjamer1
I always sit like that with my guitar. just hard to sit on the couch with it. Idk its not that comfortable to me.

how do you stop the guitar from falling off your lap and how do you stop the fact that you have to hold the neck up from driving you insane?

Seriously, classical position is the only way to go.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 2, 2015,
Out of those 2 I'd go for the soloist.
(Don't know wha it is with me going against Schecters today)
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
If you mean Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid, I'd pick that without a microsecond of hesitation of the two. Pretty much everything about it is amazing and I don't think I've ever seen a single interesting Jackson.