Here is a cute little solo I need help with transcribing. https://youtu.be/vfibkeIinTY?t=2m38s Solo starts at 2:38

I need a reference note e.g. the first note that is being played in tab format. I am new to transcribing and I would like to learn to transcribe songs by ear so this would be a good start.
It's low in the mix so it's a little hard to hear. I'll go ahead and give you a little more than the first note since there's a bend in there that might throw you off - It bends up a whole step and then releases the bend back down. You could do the same thing starting at the 4th fret on the G string if it's easier for some reason.

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|-----------
D|-9b11r9-7--
A|-----------
E|-----------
Quote by The4thHorsemen
It's low in the mix so it's a little hard to hear. I'll go ahead and give you a little more than the first note since there's a bend in there that might throw you off - It bends up a whole step and then releases the bend back down. You could do the same thing starting at the 4th fret on the G string if it's easier for some reason.

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|-----------
D|-9b11r9-7--
A|-----------
E|-----------

Thank you! I actually came up with this myself not long ago but thank you for "confirming" my ear! I prefer playing it like this though:

E|-----------
B|-----------
G|--2--4-2--2-4-2-4^--4--2-------
D|--------
A|-----------
E|-----------
A little theoretical maybe over your head right now, but the song is what's called a I-vi-IV-V, one of the most common progressions in rock music...

I call it the "Blue Moon" progression because that's probably the most out-front use of those chords (different key) and most recognizable song for that.

So I is what? A

It goes A - F# - D - E

In a song with a I-vi-IV-V you can always play the minor pentatonic scale off of the vi, in this case the F#, second fret.

The bit you tabbed out? Exactly that.

You can also toy around with the A Maj scale starting at the 7th fret of D string. Same idea. That the Major scale off the I chord.

I hope this makes sense. Chords are the key, my friend!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."