Everything I have read seems to indicate the Gibson is going to sound better than the Epi pretty much across the board, however I have also heard that Epi's are getting better and better. So in 2015 how much would I be giving up in getting an Epiphone Les Paul Pro vs say a Gibson LP Studio. On a somewhat related topic, how would either of those compare to a Fender MIM Strat. Playing mostly blues and classic rock. I heard a shootout of sorts on youtube between the Strat and an LP and I liked to LP a little better, the tone seemed a lot more bassy to me. On a lot of what they were playing though I could hardly tell the difference.
Generally speaking, a Gibson LP Studio is going to be better than any Epiphone.

I'd always recommend playing a Gibson before buying it though, you can get some Studios which are better than their premium ranges, and some of their premium range can be quite poor - Gibson's QC can be a bit flaky.

With Epiphone, they're a bit more mass manufactured, so the QC can be slightly more consistent. It's less of a gamble buying an Epiphone off the internet.

Comparing a Fender to a Gibson though? You can't. Completely different instruments. Some prefer Fender, some prefer Gibson. It's a question that can never be answered.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
really? another epi gibson vs. thread.

go to the store, and play some les pauls. get what feels best to you. it could be a gibson or it could be an epiphone.

i like gibson. i have seven of them. not ALL ever built are brilliant, but the ones I have are better than the epiphones i have tried.

saying this, i don't like the 2015 gibsons with the motorized tuners, i don't like the wider nut, and i don't think they are all that great. i wouldn't personally buy a 2015 gibson.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
yay this again. ok the answer isn't as black and white as many would have you believe. between the two guitars you mentioned, well the gibson will be better. having said that there are a couple of higher end epiphones that may be able to give the LP studio a run for it's money. for instance the Slash model epi has a maple cap and good pickups. there is also another model (59 something) that also has a maple cap and good US gibby pups which would also compare pretty well. of course both those models sell for a much higher price than the one you mentioned (but still a few hundred less than the gibson).

as for the MIM strat well that is a whole different beast so no real comparison can be done. they are good guitars and certainly can do blues and classic rock just fine but to say it's "better" than a LP be it gibson of epiphone would be total opinion and nothing more.
Love the way an epi lp std from unsung sounds, by far my fav, but japan so close. Being that said, my gibson sounds super, is a lot lighter (dc lite) and has fret binding, so no more cuts on my hands, or worry to get them fixed, additionally, it's a breeze to tune and setup, where epi always felt.... Gritty and a little more dificult. But, it's the player not the instrument, I can rock on a Hannah Montanna electric just as I can on a gibson.
Quote by Sunfist
Everything I have read seems to indicate the Gibson is going to sound better than the Epi pretty much across the board, however I have also heard that Epi's are getting better and better. So in 2015 how much would I be giving up in getting an Epiphone Les Paul Pro vs say a Gibson LP Studio. On a somewhat related topic, how would either of those compare to a Fender MIM Strat. Playing mostly blues and classic rock. I heard a shootout of sorts on youtube between the Strat and an LP and I liked to LP a little better, the tone seemed a lot more bassy to me. On a lot of what they were playing though I could hardly tell the difference.

No explanations needed....
Quote by paruwi

No explanations needed....

that's the other one i was talking about. no nitro finish but has all the other features.
That's one ugly headstock😷
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
Quote by Guitar137335

I so rarely play headstocks these days...
Quote by Guitar137335

It's cheaper than a Gibson Studio and has some good appointments and a HS Case. A lot of Trad + owners are very happy with their Epi, that says a lot IMO.
Moving on.....