Hi,

I currently use the orange Jim Dunlop .67mm plectrums, looking for a bit of a change (anything from .60-.67mm is the thickness I'm looking for) and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks a lot.
Why not just go to the store and buy some? They're pretty cheap...
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
what do you want to be different?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
what do you want to be different?

The end of the plectrum wear down quite easily resulting in 'less' of a triangle shape (if that makes sense).

I like the grip on them but feel like it needs to maintain the shape for longer.

Maybe I'm just been picky.... (excuse the pun)
The thickness of your pick is the biggest reason it'll wear down. No matter what material. Though perhaps you can do some research on the materials of your picks. Find which material is the most durable.

I personally prefer jazz picks. They're thick and sturdy, shortened as well. And when I say they pretty much don't wear down, I mean it. That pointy edge stays pointy
My gear
Ibanez RGA42E (6-string), Ibanez RG7421 (7-string w/Dimarzio Evo 7 and Ionizer), ESP LTD MH-50 w/floyd rose
Flashback Delay, Digitech RP1000
Marshall JCM2000 Dsl 100
Marshall 1960a W/ Eminence Governors and Patriot Red White Blues
Quote by jacko_17
The end of the plectrum wear down quite easily resulting in 'less' of a triangle shape (if that makes sense).

I like the grip on them but feel like it needs to maintain the shape for longer.

Maybe I'm just been picky.... (excuse the pun)

Then look at the Dunlop Tortex "the wedge" or the Tortex sharp. I use the wedge because of the sharper tip that lasts longer but are the same feel.

www.stringsandbeyond.com/jimdutowegup.html
www.stringsandbeyond.com/dunlop-tortex-sharp.html

There are several more types by Dunlop if you want to check those out also. I order from that site when I need picks and they are great
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Buy a Pick Punch.

No, seriously. $25. http://www.pickpunch.com/

Make your own picks. Dirt cheap and you'll never run out. I use one to cut up old credit cards (the "Jazz" shape punch will get 7 picks out of your MasterCard) and then finish them up with a bit of sandpaper. But the Pick Punch People have sheets of real pick material as well, and it's a LOT cheaper than buying commercial picks.

I use Gravity Picks (expensive) in 2mm and 3mm sizes. No way am I going to leave those out around my pick-thieving friends. I've seen them rip off tons of the Pick Punch picks (I'll find them over at my friends' houses later <G>, though.
Carbon fiber strings last pretty well.

Copper or steel ones will too.

Ditto stone, like agate or jade.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dspellman
Buy a Pick Punch.

No, seriously. $25. http://www.pickpunch.com/

Make your own picks. Dirt cheap and you'll never run out. I use one to cut up old credit cards (the "Jazz" shape punch will get 7 picks out of your MasterCard) and then finish them up with a bit of sandpaper. But the Pick Punch People have sheets of real pick material as well, and it's a LOT cheaper than buying commercial picks.

I use Gravity Picks (expensive) in 2mm and 3mm sizes. No way am I going to leave those out around my pick-thieving friends. I've seen them rip off tons of the Pick Punch picks (I'll find them over at my friends' houses later <G>, though.

I agree
It IS cheaper, but only goes up to 1mm
I use thicker picks than that
Quote by darkwolf291
I agree
It IS cheaper, but only goes up to 1mm
I use thicker picks than that

Yeah, me too.
Time to go to your local maker faire and use their laser cutter?

I just buy the Gravities and never, ever lose them (*knock on wood*).

That said, the TS uses .67mm picks, so it would work great for him.
Last edited by dspellman at May 2, 2015,