Hi guys!

I'm new to this forum but I'd like to become an active user

I was just wondering as a general newbie question: what do you look for in a guitar case? How important is the quality of a guitar cases' manufacture and what would you be willing to spend on one?

I think the Mono cases are pretty cool, but what other features can you think of that it lacks?

Cheers!
A good guitar needs a good guitar cases. Some higher end ones have built in humidifying systems, which are really nifty.

I have an Ameritage for my custom acoustic, and they make phenomenal cases.
My God, it's full of stars!
Thanks a lot for your reply! I'd never actually heard of a humidifying system so that's really interesting. Can you think of any soft cases with humidifying systems?
After having lots of wooden cases over the years, which were sometimes heavier than the guitars in them, I now use Hiscox cases.

Hiscox's range are very sturdy, yet pretty light.

They're a UK based company but they have distributors worldwide.

Here's the link to their website:
http://www.hiscoxcases.com/index.htm
Thanks! I've heard of Hiscox cases and I like them a lot. I was actually thinking of a case that I could carry on my back though. Can you think of any really good soft cases?
Quote by pigeonhammer
Thanks! I've heard of Hiscox cases and I like them a lot. I was actually thinking of a case that I could carry on my back though. Can you think of any really good soft cases?

'CNB Gigbags' are pretty good, if you really want to go that route. They're pretty well padded, have comfortable shoulder straps, and have lots of pockets for spare bits and pieces.

I personally wouldn't trust any expensive guitar in any brand of gigbag.

Fine if it's just going to be on your back, and with you all the time, but I wouldn't feel happy about it even slung in the back of a car, and certainly not in anywhere were it's part of any general luggage hold. If you care about your guitar's survival on the road the only option is a good solid case.