Hi everyone
I have one question... Can alternate (alternative) tunings damage your guitar (ruin neck, damage machine heads, damage truss rod, bridge)?
Thanks for answers
only if you leave it for a long while in a particularly 'different' tuning. Tune it back up to standard after a couple of days at the longest.
Quote by Banjocal
only if you leave it for a long while in a particularly 'different' tuning. Tune it back up to standard after a couple of days at the longest.

Even then it'd have to be a very different tuning to do damage. At most, realistically, you might have to adjust the truss rod.

However, to have a guitar working properly (sounding halfway decent) in a different tuning does require intonation adjustments, and possibly also action.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
just as long as there is not too much tension on the nexk you should be good. if you plan on tuning higher thn standard, opt for a thinner set of strings. if you plan on going lower, thicker strings. might have to adjust the truss a bit but damage is unlikely unless youre doing something really weird
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
...all of which is why I personally opt to have specific guitars dedicated to particular tunings. That way, once I have the proper string gauges, action, intonation, and- if needed- truss rod adjustments for that tuning, I don't have to worry about there being any warping or other damage issues.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Not if you adjust the truss rod accordingly. Even if you don't, I suspect there won't be any damage, just an unplayable guitar.
Unless you are trying to use stupid heavy strings (say a 6 string bass set) in standard or something like that you'll be fine. You really have to fine tune which set gets you your preferred tension in your preferred tuning but you really almost have to try to damage a guitar to damage it just with alternate tunings and string tension.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If you don't adjust your truss rod, you will just end up with fret buzz (if you tune lower and don't change your string gauge).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115