Hey guys, so I ran into a problem yesterday. I was restringing my guitar, and when I finally got to the High E, the string broke when I reached B with it.

Today I went to the store again and bought a single High E string. And the same problem happened again.

First, I am 110% sure that I wasn't an octave higher. I was in the right octave. Second, I left the right amount of slack. And third, when I was winding the string, I noticed that sometimes it would come loose at the machine head. For example, when it reached A#, if I turned it to get to B, it would drop to A. I kept turning until it reached B and it snapped at the machine head. Not at the bridge nor anything, it snapped right on the hole of the machine head.

I am using 10-46 gauge btw, Floyd Rose bridge if that matters. The bridge is fine, I even blocked the tremolo to change the strings.

I suspect that the tuning machine hole is broken or something. Is there any way to fix it or do I have to buy a new set of tuning machines?
The tuner is not broken. There's probably just a burr or sharp edge at the corner of the tuner post hole that is cutting the string. Filing the burr or any sharp edge off solves the problem.

If the hardware is black, you can hide where you've filed it by dabbing a sharpie on the area.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The tuner is not broken. There's probably just a burr or sharp edge at the corner of the tuner post hole that is cutting the string. Filing the burr or any sharp edge off solves the problem.

If the hardware is black, you can hide where you've filed it by dabbing a sharpie on the area.

I see man, thanks! Should I take it to a guitar store or is it something that I can easily do at home?
Do it at home. There are only a few situations where taking a guitar to a tech actually makes sense.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Do it at home. There are only a few situations where taking a guitar to a tech actually makes sense.

Alright! Thanks again for the help