Dunno. We did this same thread a few weeks ago. It's most likely a custom or discontinued model. I went through their current like looking for it to no avail.

If you want to buy an upscale Yamaha guitar, I suggest looking at their "L" series.

I don't have the available model/color selection committed to memory, so you'll have to hit their website. Sorry.
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 2, 2015,
Something from the CPX series Yamahas. Nothing particularly special. The sound in the music video is likely highly produced, and not a very accurate representation of how the guitar actually sounds on its own. Definitely not a bad guitar, though, for the price.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by the_bi99man
Something from the CPX series Yamahas. Nothing particularly special. The sound in the music video is likely highly produced, and not a very accurate representation of how the guitar actually sounds on its own. Definitely not a bad guitar, though, for the price.
I had no luck tracking it down last time. The binding on the headstock / neck confused me. Maybe I just missed it.
Yeah i posted a thread for acoustic suggestions and posted the video but i wanted to make a more concentrated thread on it.

The CPX series kinda looks like it but the things i really dig about that guitar is the pickup in the sound hole and the binding on the headstock
Quote by ENISA
...[ ]....The CPX series kinda looks like it but the things i really dig about that guitar is the pickup in the sound hole and the binding on the headstock
Well, right off the bat, the sound hole pickup is probably an add-on.

Just off the top of my head, the only "acoustic", which springs to mind with a stock sound hole pickup, are those nasty Ibanez, "Talmans".

The binding on the headstock is where I got stuck the last time. Like I said, that's a 'special edition' or simply a discontinued model. They've been making Yamaha guitars for a long long time.So if your next guitar has to be THAT guitar model, you'd be well advised to buy a beater in the meantime.

Now, this is the best CPX listed on Yamaha.com Notice there's neck binding, but NO headstock binding, and NO sound hole pickup.

Last edited by Captaincranky at May 3, 2015,
Quote by Dreadnought
Spoiler'd your pic because it's ginormous
Not a problem. I should have pulled up "image info",and I would have gotten the scaling data. I swear it weren't that big when I was at the Yamaha US website.

Besides, this is the second thread run through on the same particular guitar.

Thus far, we have been unable to convince the TS it's probably a discon, and the sound hole pickup is likely and add in.

Granted though, if the average picture is, "worth a thousand words", that one was up at about a 10,000 word equivalent....
Yeah, it's probably a special limited edition model, or maybe a higher end version of the CPX that isn't being made anymore. Because also, besides the headstock binding, the one in the video appears to have a truss rod cover, and it says "Compass" on it. The current models look like they have soundhole-access truss rods.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by Captaincranky

Granted though, if the average picture is, "worth a thousand words", that one was up at about a 10,000 word equivalent....

Yeah, despite the average age of the Acoustic forum, I don't think we all have bad vision
My God, it's full of stars!
OK, this is the, (I'm fairly certain, discontinued), Yamaha, "Compass", CPX-1000

Take note of the headstock binding, and the fact it has no sound hole pickup.

@the_bi99man: Thanks for the "compass" clue, I missed that.

@Dreadnought Is that better for picture size... ?

"Adorama Camera" apparently has NOS on this CPX-1000 (Trans Black) @ $849.95

I buy virtually all my camera equipment from them, and they're good people to do business with.

http://www.adorama.com/YACPX1000TBL.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw1KGqBRC55bru-sa7zCcSJAAxsBf5SvxBgdmFSf-mmZf12_PJZN7Em-18tUyET1FbXLHkaxoCFyHw_wcB
Last edited by Captaincranky at May 5, 2015,