Hello everyone,
Right now I'm playing through a Fender Mustang 3, but I've been looking to upgrade for a while. I stumbled across this amp on craigslist (http://sacramento.craigslist.org/msg/5007195785.html). I've watched some videos and whatnot, and it seems like it sounds very good. However, I've heard mixed reviews, some people love it, but some say it falls apart and is just cheaply made. What do you guys think - is it a decent amp, or should I keep searching for something more solid?
Check out my band: facebook.com/WeAreDrifterBand
Quote by darkwolf291
DO NOTE you'll need a cab to use that dude
He's not selling a cab with it, so you'll have to pick one up separate or you can't use it.

Egnater make good amps.
If you like the sound, grab it

Yeah I know that, I've got a couple cabs in mind at my local pawn shop. I was asking solely about the head. Thanks for your response!
Check out my band: facebook.com/WeAreDrifterBand
Yeah, I'll vouch for Egnater too. Know a couple of blokes who rate theirs. You'll hear horror stories about any brand if you forum hard enough. Likewise any claims of "omgbulletproof!!!1!!"
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
What cabs did you have in mind? The size of the cab, it's build quality and it's speakers contribute a lot to the tone. A 4x12 with celestions or eminences etc. is going to sound very different from a cheaper 2x12 with stock speakers. Just saying that buying a good head with a bad cab sums up to a bad amp.
^ yes, but just because the speakers are Celestion/Eminence doesn't mean they are good. Both of those company's make some really shitty OEM speakers
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ yes, but just because the speakers are Celestion/Eminence doesn't mean they are good. Both of those company's make some really shitty OEM speakers

Sure. Buying anything based on the brand only is of course a bad idea. But I'm sure you understood my point.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Sure. Buying anything based on the brand only is of course a bad idea. But I'm sure you understood my point.

Oh I did, but I was pointing that out for TS since he seems new to this
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate