I want a distortion pedal, and im between bigg muff 48 dollars or Boss ds1 38 dollars, do you know wich one is better???
I have a DS1 and I love it, its a cheap, no thrills distortion pedal. Made out of sturdy stuff too.
Check out my band: facebook.com/WeAreDrifterBand
Quote by darkwolf291
Two completely different pedals dude
Muff is more fuzz than distortion

Really depends on what tone youre after

Seriously, this. They're not even the same kind of effect. Try them both, or listen to demo videos, if that's not an option. One of them will sound like what you want, and the other won't. There you go.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Personally I wouldn't let either pedal near my board. I've never been a fan of Boss's drive pedals, and I don't care for the fuzz sound.

What sound are you hoping to achieve?
What kit do you already have?
What is your budget?
What country are you in?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
again totally different. only same thing is that they are cheap shitboxes.

Edit: I should say the regular big muff is much better. And the ds1 can sound better if modded.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at May 3, 2015,
Quote by the_bi99man
Seriously, this. They're not even the same kind of effect. Try them both, or listen to demo videos, if that's not an option. One of them will sound like what you want, and the other won't. There you go.

Maybe both will sound like what he won't want...

Man, go to a store and try different distortion boxes. If you want something versatile try The Saucy Box from Way Huge.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Quote by darkwolf291
Two completely different pedals dude
Muff is more fuzz than distortion

Really depends on what tone youre after

+1

also depends on what the rest of your gear is as well
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?