I've been looking at replacing the nut and string tree on my Squier Jaguar to get the least possible level of tuning snags with tremolo use, and I was looking at Tusq XL nuts because of the PTFE supposedly minimising friction. When I brought this up with my guitar teacher he insisted that bone was the best choice because "it'll last 20, 30 years".

How durable are Tusq XL nuts? And overall, bearing in mind that I primarily want to minimise friction in the nut, is Tusq XL or bone the better choice?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
If you have a trem, get the Tusq nut. The strings are less likely to bind with one Vs. using bone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
TUSQ is better than bone in pretty much every single way. Less friction, more durable, more consistent and more dense.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I put a Tusq XL on my Squier Strat about a year ago, so not much to say about durability. But for tuning stability I couldn't ask for more.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7