Hello! So I'm basically building a guitar with only a bridge pickup and I want it to sound like the pup in the Fender Bronco because I think it sounds good - just I would like to get a suitable replacement instead of it as I've heard they're not great quality and can sometimes sound 'wobbly' while playing rhythm. So yes if you could recommend some bridge pickups that sound like it but would be nice playing rhythm and lead in live and recording situations that'd be great thanks
arn't the pups in the bronco just normal pbass singles with different covers?

Seymour Duncan makes one, as does Lollar and BKP
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Oh no sorry I was talking the discontinued electric guitar the Bronco not the bass Bronco :P thank you for posting anyway
Quote by archmister
Oh no sorry I was talking the discontinued electric guitar the Bronco not the bass Bronco :P thank you for posting anyway

he has the right idea. the bronco pup is just a single coil pickup so any strat replacement would work.
i'm thinking either of those would be fine. i know the pups in original Broncos were kinda on the cheap side to begin with. are they as good as a Seymour Duncan well that is debatable but i'm guessing they'll be good for what you want.
Yeah, any Alnico V Strat pickup will do - monwobobbo is right in saying they didn't have expensive pickups in the first place. Fender marketed them as 'student guitars' and they were released during the CBS era of Fender so cash was pretty limited (it wouldn't surprise me if they were just leftover/excess Strat pickups with blank covers). For really low prices, but still decent pickups, look for Artec pickups on fleaBay or Amazon. A lot of companies buy up Artec pickups for next to nothing, slap their name on it, then grossly bump up the price.
Thank you to both of you Because it's just the bridge pickup I need/putting on the guitar, do you think I'd be OK with either one of the two bridge pickups on the StewMac website? http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Pickups/Electric_Guitar/Golden_Age_Alnico_5_Single-coil_Pickups.html#details Also it might help that while the sound I'm looking for is the Bronco sound - more specifically the old Arctic Monkeys garage rock sound (distorted guitars etc).
Quote by archmister
Thank you to both of you Because it's just the bridge pickup I need/putting on the guitar, do you think I'd be OK with either one of the two bridge pickups on the StewMac website? http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Pickups/Electric_Guitar/Golden_Age_Alnico_5_Single-coil_Pickups.html#details Also it might help that while the sound I'm looking for is the Bronco sound - more specifically the old Arctic Monkeys garage rock sound (distorted guitars etc).

yeah they should work. i'd probably go with the regular version over the hot for a more vintage tone. find out what the artic monkeys have in their guitars for a better guide though.
Quote by monwobobbo
yeah they should work. i'd probably go with the regular version over the hot for a more vintage tone. find out what the artic monkeys have in their guitars for a better guide though.

Thank you very very much You've been 10 times more than helpful. All my questions have been answered thank you.
Quote by archmister
Thank you very very much You've been 10 times more than helpful. All my questions have been answered thank you.

no problem any time.
https://www.riograndepickups.com/scart/ProductPage.asp?ImageLink=DHSBC&ProductName=For+Strats

As long as you like P90 type tones. I have the tele version and I love it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification