Page 1 of 2
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at May 3, 2015,
Lol as if the state guard could even monitor a special operations mission in the first place

Hell right, Texas!
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Fat Lard
sad state of affairs that even the smarter 'red' states are prepping for martial law

Smarter than what? A brick?
I remember a few years ago I thought Greg Abbot was going to be a hilarious governor if pointy boots ever left office. Glad to see he's not trying to prove me wrong.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314

I think compared to most red states Texas has a lot more going for it in terms of infrastructure, industry, and general education.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at May 3, 2015,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

smart enough to have clean water for its residents unlike Cali, and with their own energy grid/force/etc are independent enough to be able to secede. I'm moving to Canada though
Now that I've thought about it, I think Abbott's reaction was the most diplomatic of the options available to him. There are a bunch of crazies here, just like everywhere, that are ready to start conspiracy theories any chance they get.

Abbott's decision to 'monitor' the training shouldn't affect the actual training at all, might be a slight inconvenience on tax payers, but is a show of good will towards a cabinet that hasn't had the most positive publicity here. I think his actions will at least debunk the ridiculous rumors that a lot of people are a bit too eager to believe.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
It doesnt seem very 'conspiracy theorist' when you think about it, and all the context.

I mean, there's sites that can show by county how much military equipment is bought by the local forces, and with all of the "Purge"/"anarchy" type movies in the media nowadays, along with the response to the Boston bomber/etc, its not that farfetch'd...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEo0qX-ScfQ
^lol, coming from Indiana, the guys that tried to make it illegal to buy things if you're LGBT
Quote by Victory2134
Now that I've thought about it, I think Abbott's reaction was the most diplomatic of the options available to him. There are a bunch of crazies here, just like everywhere, that are ready to start conspiracy theories any chance they get.

Abbott's decision to 'monitor' the training shouldn't affect the actual training at all, might be a slight inconvenience on tax payers, but is a show of good will towards a cabinet that hasn't had the most positive publicity here. I think his actions will at least debunk the ridiculous rumors that a lot of people are a bit too eager to believe.

If I lived there I would be mad as **** that my tax dollars were used to cater to a bunch of whacked out conspiracy theorists. They should just be ignored. So either the governor is one of those crazy conspiracy theorists, or he doesn't have the balls to stand up to them. I wouldn't want either quality in a governor.
Point and laugh all you want, we're still bigger.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by captaincrunk
... Texas? .... smart?

Texas is the origin of smartiness. Since all the textbooks are made here.

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
If I lived there I would be mad as **** that my tax dollars were used to cater to a bunch of whacked out conspiracy theorists. They should just be ignored. So either the governor is one of those crazy conspiracy theorists, or he doesn't have the balls to stand up to them. I wouldn't want either quality in a governor.

Yeah sure that's what it says in the article, but you have to understand this is Abbott's way of throwing Obama's administration a bone and mending the gap between the two parties. Without making Abbott seem like he's in on the cut.

It's a lot more than just catering to crazies.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134

Yeah sure that's what it says in the article, but you have to understand this is Abbott's way of throwing Obama's administration a bone and mending the gap between the two parties. Without making Abbott seem like he's in on the cut.

I don't understand how this is any of those things, please explain.

(I'm not the most politically aware person)
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I don't understand how this is any of those things, please explain.

(I'm not the most politically aware person)

Well lets think about the decisions he has available to him and the consequences:

Assuming Abbott ignores radical right wing conspiracies
- Radical right wing dudes are pissed
- Future republican candidates can show that Abbott doesn't take their concerns seriously
- moderates and leftists are content with his decision (the minority here in Texas)
-Federal government gets what they want, but they expected that much in the first place

The main problem with this is that it undermines his authority as governor and distances him from a part of his political party. While the minority are content with his decision, no one is going to be praising him for 'letting' the federal government conduct training in Texas. Most liberals won't even care that he allowed it. The opposition on the other hand would care very much.

Assuming Abbott refuses to allow the training to take place
- Radical right wing dudes are supportive (a minority)
- Future republican candidates can show that Abbott is demonstrating an 'us and them' mentality, and go into an election showing their support for a more bi-partisan political future
- Liberals are pissed that Abbott is fully supporting a radical minority in his party
- Abbott shows outright contempt for the federal government and the current administration

I don't think i have to explain to you the problems that can arise when a political leader adopts a radical 'us/them' mentality. But personally, I'm much more partial to bi-partisanship.

Assuming Abbott decrees that the training will take place but only if supervision is allowed by local policing agencies
- Radical right wing dudes are supportive
- Illustrates Abbott's willingness to compromise across parties
- The most future republican candidates can say is that it was a waste of resources, instead of illustrating a deficiency in Abbott's ideological premise
- Liberals are relatively less pissed than if he had completely stopped training from taking place
- The federal government gets a 'get out of jail free' card from Abbott that gives ALL republicans even further reasons to trust the government a little more.

Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
I'm from Texas you chode .
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Guys, you heard Mr. Sacamano. No fun until racism is over.
We have so many military bases in the Lone Star State we could practically attack Russia.

I legit lol'd
KIFFLOM
Quote by Victory2134

Assuming Abbott decrees that the training will take place but only if supervision is allowed by local policing agencies
- Radical right wing dudes are supportive
- Illustrates Abbott's willingness to compromise across parties
- The most future republican candidates can say is that it was a waste of resources, instead of illustrating a deficiency in Abbott's ideological premise
- Liberals are relatively less pissed than if he had completely stopped training from taking place
- The federal government gets a 'get out of jail free' card from Abbott that gives ALL republicans even further reasons to trust the government a little more.

Thanks. I guess it was a smart move for protecting his own interests. But it's still pretty sad to me that there are so many far right republicans who are pressuring politicians to do these sorts of things in the first place. Nothing is really gained from this except like you said the approval of a large portion of the Texas population, and tax dollars are wasted.

Are far right republicans who believe this kind of stuff really the majority in Texas?
That article was funny.

"Let's walk over by the fence where nobody can hear us, and I'll tell you the story."
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Thanks. I guess it was a smart move for protecting his own interests. But it's still pretty sad to me that there are so many far right republicans who are pressuring politicians to do these sorts of things in the first place. Nothing is really gained from this except like you said the approval of a large portion of the Texas population, and tax dollars are lost.

Are far right republicans who believe this kind of stuff really the majority in Texas?

No, it's important you understand that it's the minority that believe those crazy things. But out of all of his options Abbott took the best of what was available.

That's not to say there aren't a lot of radical republicans after the Obama administration though. There are tons. But not the majority.

The only good thing to come out of this is that the federal government will look good.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
A lot do. But they're still pretty dumb in that its okay to them as long as the 10th Amendment is used to impose it
Quote by Dreadnought
That article was funny.

"Let's walk over by the fence where nobody can hear us, and I'll tell you the story."

I know! That's why I really thought it was an Onion article when I saw it on Facebook, because it had captions like that
Quote by captaincrunk
yes, because I identify with the state in which I live in some meaningful way

It's really interesting that you mentioned that. I've found that Texans are especially proud of being Texan. I'm even inclined to think this state is pretty darn awesome. But most other people from other states don't really care about where they're from.

Speaking from my experiences alone obviously.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
I want to say something about fair representation and all but I think the lack of it is intentional.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
You see, there are these Wal-Marts in West Texas that supposedly closed for six months for "renovation." That's what they want you to believe. The truth is these Wal-Marts are going to be military guerrilla-warfare staging areas and FEMA processing camps for political prisoners. The prisoners are going to be transported by train cars that have already been equipped with shackles.

Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
red states? commie bastards

bomb them asap
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by Victory2134
It's really interesting that you mentioned that. I've found that Texans are especially proud of being Texan. I'm even inclined to think this state is pretty darn awesome. But most other people from other states don't really care about where they're from.

In my experience its people that grew up anywhere interesting that are proud of it. Lots of people are proud to be from California, New York, and a few other places as well. I'm proud of where I grew up
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Texas ****ing sucks. I hate that god-damned state so much.

However, San Antonio is one of the greatest cities I've ever been to and I would love to live there.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Victory2134

Virginia>all. There is no comparison.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Point and laugh all you want, we're still bigger.

Based on this map, Texas is America's set of giant chodey nipples.

Alaska is the head and shoulders, along with one arm pointing a gun at Russia and the other flinging pocket sand in North Korea's eyes.

i don't really know what this thread is about
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
yeahnbut what's this thing about french canadians etc and stuff and idk stfu :mad:
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Page 1 of 2