Hi - because I still need cleans, I want to set my amp to the edge of breakup and then roll back a teeny bit for cleans, but I still need a pedal then to get some medium-gain dirt for riffs etc.

What pedals do you recommend that'll work well? I have my eyes on the Xotic Effects AC Booster and Wampler Plexidrive, and got offered a Providence stampede as well. I am going through a 2x12 with celestion V30's and have a Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat, but prefer to stick to my neck pick-up for the tone.

Thanks.
Last edited by proXy124c41 at May 3, 2015,
I'd say an EHX Soul Food will do you well. Though if you wanted cleans... I'm not quite sure why you picked an Orange amp. An LPB-1 might work as well.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Quote by nick.culliton
I'd say an EHX Soul Food will do you well. Though if you wanted cleans... I'm not quite sure why you picked an Orange amp. An LPB-1 might work as well.

I don't want crystal cleans, I am okay with clean tone I get by rolling back a bit

I use a Marshall Guvnor or DOD YJM 308 on my Tiny Terror for when I need more distortion, Budda Zenman has worked great as well, on that one I have an extra boost if needed for more saturation

Will check out the Zenman thanks.

Any other suggestions?
Quote by proXy124c41
I don't want crystal cleans, I am okay with clean tone I get by rolling back a bit

Any other suggestions?

That makes sense.

You could also check out tubescreamers, though most will boost your mids more.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
I would look into a zendrive. My dual terror loves it. I was disappointed in the soul food. But for the money it is pretty good. I run the zendrive for mid/low gain and an ocd for heavier gain on the dual terror. It works great overall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/