Page 1 of 2
You're invited to a luxurious dinner. The main event, foie gras, is placed in front of you. As you slice into this fowl, your knife slips, exerting a force onto this piece which pushes it onto the ground. Do you go for it?

In general, do you follow the five second rule? Do you push it?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Even though I know the 5 second rule is bullshit as the transfer of dirt/bacteria happen as soon as it hits the floor. yes, i still pick it up and eat it (unless its a really sticky food and its outside/gross on the floor). Bit of dirt never hurt anyone, its good for the immune system

oh and that dish is pretty fvcked up tbh
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at May 3, 2015,
carpet or floorboards/linoleum/tiles?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Bladez22

yeah

Quote by Eastwinn
meat is murder etc

yeah
Quote by Bladez22

it's goose liver
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
that gooseswam in a river of its own piss and shit, only to peroidically emerge to lay in dirt. That liver filtered all the garbage it put through its body and that food was probably dropped on the floor in the ******* anyway.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Last edited by Wiegenlied at May 3, 2015,
Quote by Pastafarian96
it's goose liver

Yes

from geese that have been force fed so that their livers swell

I would not eat any meat that fell onto the ground because it's wet or sticky or whatever and would grab all the germs
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
not if it's wet. if it's a wet piece of food then germs and dirt and hairs stick to it pretty much the second it hits the ground.

if it's dry then usually it's fine
i have no interest in bourgeois garbage food.

5 second rule really depends on the location the food is dropped and your knowledge of the cleanliness of the floor.

and the type of food.

anything wet = never eat. it's probably got hair and shit stuck to it.

dry snacks = inspect for hair. blow it off and eat it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
5 second rule? Make that the 5 minute rule. Brush off whatever dust and dirt your food has accumulated and eat the damn stuff.
I have nothing important to say
this stupid french thing is legitimately awful. Like it's illegal to produce it anywhere in the world except for france. like smh come on ugh
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I can handle foie gras in small doses. It's a very intense flavor.

I would not eat it if it fell on the ground, but would eat it if it was still on the table.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i love how the french are always acting like they know food better than anyone else when their cuisine is legitimately terrible in every single way like jesus who the **** wants to eat the damaged liver of a forcefed bird just look at that turd on a plate like wtf get it together you dicks

Quote by MinterMan22
i love how the french are always acting like they know food better than anyone else when their cuisine is legitimately terrible in every single way like jesus who the **** wants to eat the damaged liver of a forcefed bird just look at that turd on a plate like wtf get it together les dicks

Ftfy
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
You're invited to a luxurious dinner. The main event, foie gras, is placed in front of you. As you slice into this fowl, your knife slips, exerting a force onto this piece which pushes it onto the ground. Do you go for it?

The force that pushes it onto the ground isn't a result of the knife, but of gravity.

But anyway, the 5 second rule sounds like some huge bullshit to me.
"If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
Lewis Carroll
Of course I'd eat it. I've never had foie gras before. If it had stuff stuck to it I'd just cut that part off and eat the rest.
cat
I remember in my formative years when I was out with a girl I quite fancied and I confused the 3 date rule with the 5 second rule...

#keen
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at May 4, 2015,
If I'm being served foie gras in the first place, obviously there is some intense social judgment going on (out with some professional type people, etc.) so I'd just play it off like it never happened.

Let it lie. My attitude is this meal, fancy as it is, is probably worth a lot more to me than a dusty piece of goose liver.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by UltimateGuizar
No, I slide it up onto my leg with my foot and put it in my pocket for on the way home snacks.

One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

The more important question is would it be a foie gras faux pas?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If it can't be jabbed with a fork and/or grasped by a bone sticking out of it it's not worth eating anyway, so no.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

depends on the food and floor really

im usually the guy that makes people go 'duuude DONT' when he picks up the food from the sketch floor or drinks the soda thats been sitting opened for a month but even i have my standards

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Depends.. If it's meat I will just grill that shit again, and eat that shit. Last time I was at my doctor was 18 years ago.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by pb15994
The force that pushes it onto the ground isn't a result of the knife, but of gravity.

It depends how badly I want the item and the social setting.

I would never do it in front of a lady or events where I have to dress up

On an average day though, dry foods are fine. Moist foods can be wiped off and its still cool.

Unless its carpet and/or a place where I know pets exist

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
No because it is a three second rule not a five second rule.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM

In general, do you follow the five second rule? Do you push it?

I don't like foie gras. Taste or the production of it.

now if it was some steak or fish, I'd simply ask for something quick as a replacement, ie a salad and eat that instead of the nice bit of meat as a kind of punishment (even though I like salad)

there's also a good chance the restaurant would just replace the dish free or not charge me for giving me slippery food on a badly designed plate & table.

at home, I'd either brush the food clean or if it rolled in anything gross, throw it away and eat something else.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by MinterMan22
i love how the french are always acting like they know food better than anyone else when their cuisine is legitimately terrible in every single way like jesus who the **** wants to eat the damaged liver of a forcefed bird just look at that turd on a plate like wtf get it together you dicks

I spent a couple of weeks and a couple of thousand Euros in Paris failing to find a decent meal. Their cuisine, and their attitude towards it, is bullshit.

Foie gras is the quintessential food of the pretentious and privileged.
Page 1 of 2