1 9%
Song 4
5 45%
Song 5
2 18%
Voters: 11.
Hello

Paquito should have won the fight.

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Small" (ultimate-slash)

2 - "to be gripped by paranoia on a beautiful day" (deadsmileyface)

3 - "Backwards Up The Endless Staircase" (FoOltz)

4 - "Waves" (mind_meld)

5 - "Share The Emptiness" (SirZep)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is last week's most voted song, from SirZep, it's "A Blurred Division In The Third Act (Christie #3)"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Thursday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AqqmjGzeTQ

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1675833
Quote by FoOltz
voted for small. I love how the chorus lyrics are not grammatically correct at all, like something a young kid would actually say.

Thanks, I really appreciate that comment
The "I am just small people" part was the first line of the song I came up with, and I really liked the way it sounded, but wasn't entirely sure I could make it work. I also tried changing the entire song to a 'we' perspective (we are just small people), but it seemed to take away from that very child-like view of the world.

Anyway, haven't listened to the other songs yet, but will do so later today.
2. Killer sounds At 4:07 I genuinely though the fire alarm in my office was going off though
3. Really digging the general vibe and melodies. It's simple (in a good way), which makes it really easy to listen to.
4. ****ing lovely. I've simply know no other way of describing it.
5. Nice nice nice. Love the vocals on this.
voted for foltz because the harmonies on the chorus and the guitars on the last chorus are epic
Voted for Mind_Meld again and actually was walking on the beach when listening to these songs.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Voted for Mind_Meld again and actually was walking on the beach when listening to these songs.

Ha gaaay
Okay, it's been a while since I left any comments on the songs so lets do this

Small - Pretty typical from you, don't take that as an insult, it means you have your own sound, which is a good thing. The concept of the lyrics being written from a child's perspective is interesting too. Not much to complain about. The guitar sounds great as usual and I really enjoyed those percussion(?) sounds in the outro.

to be gripped by paranoia on a beautiful day - This is...quite weird. So I guess it fulfilled its purpose. It's actually enjoyable but that ... 'fire alarm' thing is really in your face.

Backwards Up The Endless Staircase - I really like the guitar part at 1:09. The song is quite catchy and has a lot of potential.

Waves - Overall a great song. Beautiful voice, the song is very raw and sounds very airy...natural. There are some harmonies that I believe are not quite 'locking' but it's not enough to ruin it for me. The finger snaping at the end gives the song a bit more rhythm and combined with all the vocal layers makes the song come together and makes for a great conclusion. VOTED
Quote by SirZep
Okay, it's been a while since I left any comments on the songs so lets do this
Yeah same here...

1 - As a person who used to holiday often in a tent as a small person, this was very cool. Except there were hungry dingos outside and dropbears just waiting to pounce on me... but yeah, loved the acoustic-ness as usual.
2 - yeah man... i really don't get your stuff but it's very well done
3 - I dont really have anything in particular to say, but this was overall a good song, trippin' hey
5 - ~0.43... Bellamy-esque vocals - distorted falsetto, nice. I really liked the contrast within this song.

Also, I think i should give up the drinking before recording
Now that would be a good concept week

Also, I should probably point out that there are no tigers, eagles or wolves around where I live. I made that up because cats, pigeons and that small annoying dog that won't shut up just don't sound quite as exciting.
I though sickman's song this week was probably the worst he's ever done
I'm not even sure if that's a compliment or an insult