so if the title doesn't explain it im completely revamping my 67 flying V

its not actually a gibson, yes i bought a shitty chinese copy, the reason why;
i am 15 and have been playing for 8 years, i know how to play pretty well but i dont know how to actually repair a guitar or customize it in any way so i thought ide buy a shitty chinese guitar and redo it completely

so heres the guitar i purchased (with case) http://www.dhgate.com/product/custom-shop-guitars-jimi-hendrix-psychedelic/229634499.html#s1-1-1a|1638720047

im going to have the following in it;

pickups; going to have 2 gibson 490t original humbuckers
control pots; going to have DiMarzio 500k push/pull pots
tuners; clueson locking tuners (chrome) or possibly some grovers
Nut; deciding on Brass or graphite (i need help for this)
bridge; tune-o-matic titanium bridge and saddle

I HAVNT BOUGHT ANY OF THIS YET, so if you think i should put different pickups or know what sort of nut i should go with please reply, any help is very much appreciated
(ide also like help with the pickups, im going for a high gain sound (possibly seamore duncans?, my favorite players are jimi hendrix and jimmy page so ide like to get a tone like theirs)

also i am very good with a soldering machine so im fine on that,
thanks
Buying a fake guitar with a name that is protected with a trademark is an ethical shitstorm, so right away that's a non-starter IMO. And the amount of money you need to put into these guitars to make them any good makes modding them counterproductive. Buying a better guitar to begin with nearly always makes more financial sense, especially since none of the mods you're doing aren't anything special at all.

Just get a better guitar, man. And not one that keeps sweat shop counterfeiters in business.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
your right my, fender american standard tele, and gibbo 2003 Les paul standard just dont cut it anymore, im only making this purchase because i have no experience in replacing pickups ect ect, by buying this its only to gain experience in these sorts of situations, for example if a pickup dies in my les paul i will know how to change it out without destroying the guitar. i would just buy the cheapest shit out there to chuck on it, but ide rather have something i can play then a useless pile of shit with terrible stuff in it, thanks

EDIT: btw, i know its not a real gibson, its not like im gonna go around the streets and say " look at my Flying V bla bla bla" it will probably never leave the house
Last edited by moltenoxide515 at May 4, 2015,
Quote by moltenoxide515
your right my, fender american standard tele, and gibbo 2003 Les paul standard just dont cut it anymore, im only making this purchase because i have no experience in replacing pickups ect ect, by buying this its only to gain experience in these sorts of situations, for example if a pickup dies in my les paul i will know how to change it out without destroying the guitar. i would just buy the cheapest shit out there to chuck on it, but ide rather have something i can play then a useless pile of shit with terrible stuff in it, thanks

Buying a guitar just to teach yourself how to replace the pickups is like buying a car so that you know how to undo the wheel nuts. You're not going to destroy anything that you cannot easily replace by replacing pickups. So buying a guitar for that reason is dumb.

If you really, really want to learn how to solder, just buy some cheap pots and some wire, and learn how to solder them together yourself. The rest of the guitar is immaterial in that exercise, so there's no need to buy one.

And at any rate, guitar pickups very rarely break.
EDIT: btw, i know its not a real gibson, its not like im gonna go around the streets and say " look at my Flying V bla bla bla" it will probably never leave the house

That's irrelevant. Most people who aren't guitar players couldn't care less what guitars you own, even if what you own happens to be real anyway. The point is that you're buying a product that is infringing a trademark, and on principle, that is ethically deplorable.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 4, 2015,
You should take that link down. You are not allowed to link counterfeit guitars period.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.