5 38%
Laney VC15-110
4 31%
Fender Blues Junior III
3 23%
Other
3 23%
Voters: 13.
I need a new amp for practice and was thinking of making the jump to valve. I use a MIM Fender Telecaster and some distortion/overdrive pedals. It will mainly be used for bedroom/garage practice but noise isn't much of an issue as it needs to be loud enough to keep up with a drummer. I play a lot of different genres from blues to hard rock/grunge so amps need to be quite versatile

Amps I've been looking at:

- Laney VC15-110

- Fender Blues Junior III

- Marshall DSL15C

Any suggestions are welcome but needs to be widely available.

THANKS
Location and budget?

My favorites in that range are the Egnater Rebel, newer Peavey Valvekings, maybe a Vox AC15 if you're not playing metal. Of course, if you stumble across a Randall RM20 or other RM in budget, I'd get that if I were you, above anything.

You should check out the Orange Tiny Terror too.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at May 4, 2015,
You might want to consider WHY you're moving to valve, and why a 15W?

If you're going to be working with a drummer, and if volume might be an issue, you might just want to move to a 30-50W amp. There's no advantage to a 15W in the bedroom, but I've never heard a 30-50W tube amp that couldn't keep up with a drummer. Might as well get serious.

The additional power allows you a bit more versatility, in that you've got some additional headroom to work with cleaner sounds at volume.
Location and budget?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
for sake of more options, you may want to consider a peavey classic 30, fender hot rod deluxe, or even one of the smaller kranks (the 1980 is pretty cool). egnaters aren't bad, but not my favorite (i have owned a renegade, rebel, and tweaker).

i really think that the jcm2000 dsl 401 would be way better than the 15w dsl, still arguably better than the new dsl40c.

valvekings aren't bad, the cleans are nice, OD leaves some left to be desired.

but really we need to know more what you want. budget? location? genre? any specific guitar tones?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd say blackheart BH15, though I can't but second the point that a bigger amp will probably be better for you.

Also all of the other questions that have been asked.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Cathbard
Location and budget?

I am from scotland and my budget is about £500 and play rock, blues, grunge and Indie rock too.
Peavy Vypyr is a nice combo and can get extremely loud even for the under 50W collection. Has loads of amp models and pedals on the dials to select from.
Dean MAB1. Epiphone Annihilation V. EVH 5150III. Orange PPC112. Earthquaker devices - The Warden, Arrows, Acapulco Gold, Levitation, Night Wire. TS9, DD3, GE7, NS2, LS2, Polytune mini, Small Stone. SM57. Focusrite. LINUX!
^^ could you list a few bands whose tones you want to get close to?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
look for a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ could you list a few bands whose tones you want to get close to?

The White Stripes, The Stooges, AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Led Zepplin
Quote by Eat_my_lunch
Anyone got an opinion on the Blackstar HT-20?

I thought it was very mediocre when I played one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Eat_my_lunch

I would pass. They never impressed me.

I would go for a DSL401.

I haven't tried the vc15 but i would trust diabolical on it. You may want more wattage though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Eat_my_lunch

Never tried one but it's not all-valve if you care about that.

i haven't tried it but the egnater tweaker might be worth a look? i think guitar guitar stocks them (edinburgh/glasgow stores).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly
look for a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401.

+1
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100