So i'm planing on buying a used peavey 6505+, my budget is around 700$, guitar center has lots but i'm buying it online and cant test them before i buy. Should i still get it or wait to get it new, also what would be some other somewhat reliable places to look.
Quote by Confound
So i'm planing on buying a used peavey 6505+, my budget is around 700$, guitar center has lots but i'm buying it online and cant test them before i buy. Should i still get it or wait to get it new, also what would be some other somewhat reliable places to look.

you can get it new for $699 plus tax. GC has a pretty good return policy. if you have a GC near you you can have them bring one in and you can try before you buy. GC is pretty reliable so just make sure to check the pix and condition on there used section. if it looks beat up then pass. i'm guessig they have a ton of them though.
I don't really know how much these cost in the US, but if you can get a new one for $700 jump on it.

If you can't, look around for a bit and if you still can't you might as well buy a used one.
They're solid and reliable, so if you buy it from a reputable source you'll be allright in most cases.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Are you talking about the 120 watt head or the 112 combo? $700 for a brand new 120 watt head would be a great deal. Even used, that's not a bad deal.

The 112 combo can be had for $350-400 used, $600 new. They are all reliable amps, but most any problem can be fixed anyway by yourself if you do the research.

Also, in my experience in dealing with Guitar Center online, if they say it's in 'excellent' condition -- you won't be able to find anything wrong with it; it'll look brand new. I've even bought an item or two that they said was in 'good' condition and I wasn't able to find a single blemish. However, I haven't bought that many items from them so I could have been lucky. I really hope they don't go out of business because they're my go-to for used gear.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Bought the 120 watt head from guitar center for 700$, will update thread when it comes in.
cool!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Got amp in, works great. Really amazing amp, in good condition and everything.