tbh i've never been stressed about finals. people always make really big deals about them but i don't see it. i usually get above average but normal grades (high 80s, low 90's) but some people really struggle to make it through finals week. i generally pay attention during class, so i guess that helps the retention.

but for the people who are so studious and value education more than i do (and i value it especially when i'm paying for it), wouldn't they be paying attention during class too? why be so worried if you know the material? maybe they didn't pay attention and realized they dun goofed when finals show up.

for instance, i studied a total of 20 seconds for one exam. i got 91%. took me about an hour and some to complete. i guess some people would really worry about that extra 9%.
maybe i'm just smarter then everyone else, that must be why people call me big head
i've never been called that that was just for comedic effect

itt talk about finals, references to the europe song are okay.
Last edited by Will Lane at May 4, 2015,
finals shoulda finished for everyone weeks ago wtf is with you peasants writing exams in may lmao

Quote by Will Lane

for instance, i studied a total of 20 seconds for an exam i just completed. got a 91. was an hour and some.

these three sentences make no sense

^my last exam is the 27th. I have friends who finish in june
bear down for finals
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by genghisgandhi

they make sense to me. really isn't that hard to figure out
it's all coming back

Quote by genghisgandhi

yeah i dunno. i fixed them to be more cohesive. i didn't stress about it though.

high school finals usually go on until about june here. hs doesn't officially finish until like june. i'm in college now tho. started from the bottom, now we here.
Quote by genghisgandhi

are you & your friends still in high school cause that's straight up ridiculous

My last final is on Wednesday and i'm a little nervous about it because it's a pass/fail piano exam and if I don't pass it then I can't graduate. I'm sure I'll do fine but still it sucks knowing that your last exam ever determines whether or not you have to wait 8 more months to get a diploma.

also it's at 9:30 am and I haven't woken up before 12pm in weeks
I always have at least one final every semester that makes me feel like the world is ending. For me, that final is in about twelve hours.

I'd do better if I paid more attention, obviously, but when you're diagnosed as being more attention deficient than 86% of the world's adult population, well, it's understandably difficult.
Quote by Will Lane
yeah i dunno. i fixed them to be more cohesive. i didn't stress about it though.

I still don't get it. are you saying you studied 20 seconds for a final that took an hour? or did you study for an hour?
Quote by genghisgandhi
I still don't get it. are you saying you studied 20 seconds for a final that took an hour? or did you study for an hour?

still don't get it?
it's all coming back

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
My last final is on Wednesday and i'm a little nervous about it because it's a pass/fail piano exam and if I don't pass it then I can't graduate. I'm sure I'll do fine but still it sucks knowing that your last exam ever determines whether or not you have to wait 8 more months to get a diploma.

also it's at 9:30 am and I haven't woken up before 12pm in weeks
after the summer starts i generally didn't wake up until 4pm. mornings are valuable, though. so take advantage of them. be up much earlier than just to meet a deadline, because your brain won't be all fartsy like it is when you just wake up.
Quote by Amuro Jay
I always have at least one final every semester that makes me feel like the world is ending. For me, that final is in about twelve hours.

I'd do better if I paid more attention, obviously, but when you're diagnosed as being more attention deficient than 86% of the world's adult population, well, it's understandably difficult.
we believe
Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by Will Lane
mornings are valuable, though. so take advantage of them.

**** that

after I graduate I'm never waking up before noon if I can help it
I know one course (which is really two classes combined) is going to kill me. Her exams are about 15 open ended questions and they're not really all that bad but it's annoying. I'm more worried about the study I have to conduct which is due in a few days but I haven't even finished designing it, lmao.

Another class is a joke, the midterm was like one page of multiple choice questions and one essay question.

The last class is gonna be okay.

I don't know. I've never properly studied in my life, I just can't be bothered with school.
Free Ali
I tried studying for Calculus but I was too dumb to tutor myself and my teacher was like "lol go away use the book and the googles for help". It ended in frustration and a bad grades.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by chrismendiola
I know one course (which is really two classes combined) is going to kill me. Her exams are about 15 open ended questions and they're not really all that bad but it's annoying. I'm more worried about the study I have to conduct which is due in a few days but I haven't even finished designing it, lmao.

Another class is a joke, the midterm was like one page of multiple choice questions and one essay question.

The last class is gonna be okay.

I don't know. I've never properly studied in my life, I just can't be bothered with school.
once i had an "INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTERS" class that i had to take. i didn't get a chance to test out of it in time. we had a final exam that consisted of 5 questions, and a quintessence of that exam, and the class in general, could be summarized by one of the questions on that exam:

"what is a 'tweet'"? not even any sort of tweet that is different from twitter's use of the term. it was exactly that. the rest of the questions were just as much ridiculous.
Depends on what you're studying. If you're talking about high school, you spend 7 hours a day there immersed on your material.

If you're talking about university, depending on your course you might only get 3 hours a week of lectures and then it's up to you to memorise and understand various concepts. When this happens across 4 subjects and you have multiple weekly assessment items and tests in each you start getting overwhelmed, especially if one of your finals is weighted enough to pass/fail you for that subject. If you're at uni and you can study a subject for 20 seconds and then pass it you're doing a joke degree.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
I know I'm smart but i think finals in university are a really big deal and people always said I overstudied. On average i studied 12 hours a day for 3 weeks for 5 final exams each semester in addition to going to class and regular studying. I still wasn't happy with most of my results and I always wished I started a week earlier. Maybe I'm just crazy but I really needed all that time to get through the material.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
On average i studied 12 hours a day for 3 weeks .

I don't think I could even make myself study for more than 2-3 hours per day. I don't have the attention span to study that much, although as a music major there have been times where I have had to practice for 5-6 hours a day.
Quote by guitarxo
I know I'm smart but i think finals in university are a really big deal and people always said I overstudied. On average i studied 12 hours a day for 3 weeks for 5 final exams each semester in addition to going to class and regular studying. I still wasn't happy with most of my results and I always wished I started a week earlier. Maybe I'm just crazy but I really needed all that time to get through the material.

Lol, sometimes I'll complain about exams, but eventually, I'll be reminded of areas where testing is far more rigorous, then I think that my life's not that bad.
Free Ali
i spent all day, from like 9am to 20 minutes ago finishing a final paper (on like 1.5 hours of sleep), so it's been pretty stressful. (ok there were periods of time when i was not 'working' but i wasn't relaxing, either.)

i never really learned how to study 'cuz in high school i didn't really need to & then in college i studied english lit. & pretty much breezed through all my classes because i am -- surprisingly -- a very good writer, but then i went to grad school for english lit & it sucks that i didn't really develop good study habits or research skills. i'm all style & no substance. (actually i am substantive, just not always enough for specialized professional academics.) but that's almost over & then i can go be a regular person who just happens to know more than he'll ever need to about elizabethan theater.
I have 3 finals. 2 of them are going to be easy because they're exactly liked the midterm and I passed both of those with barely any studying.
I don't have any difficult finals this semester, but having several hours of extra essay work when I already work 50-60 hours per week can be stressful.
my grade is so high in bio that i could screw up the final and still have an A

it's a different story with chem and calc

oh yea last exam is the 14th

summer school starts June 22 I think

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at May 6, 2015,
I have no finals, really. Just a lot of papers to get in before grades are due.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I was one of those people who tried to study as little as possible. Generally paid attention in class and loved learning, but I just couldn't be bothered with the memorizing of facts that didn't immediately stick. In hindsight I probably should have studied a little more, but the classes I regret not studying for are actually the classes I was passing with good grades (physics, maths, English). It would have been fun to get more in-depth knowledge.

What got me through high school was proving some of my teachers wrong.
"Last time year you might have gotten away with studying for 2 hours on the day before the test, but that definitely isn't going to be enough this time!"

Proved them wrong, every time

Studied a little more in college, because I had to (incidentally, some of the tests I had to study for the most for were complete nonsense, as was later backed up by pretty much in the company I now work in).
Last edited by ultimate-slash at May 6, 2015,
this is the easiest finals week i've had thus far as a collge student; This is due mainly to half my classes assigning papers as the final and for my cw class we just submitted 40 page portfolio of our writings as well as some commentary. what sucsk is my first exam on logic which was pretty tough. unfortunately, i have my final exam on friday and the music fest i've had a ticket for for months starts friday and all my fav bands play friday so i'm gonna miss em :c if it was only one day earlier...