I made another thread, where I asked which amp to buy according to my needs.

I searched everywhere, and couldn't find any of the ones mentioned. I live in Peru and not every amp gets here.

I looked for:

Peavey Valveking
Jet city
Marshall DSL
Even orange RT and couldn't find it

What I found is LOTS of different kinds of MARSHALL, VOX, ORANGE (excluding RT), FENDER, LANEY, IBANEZ, YAMAHA, LINE 6, RANDALL, SUHR, STAGG.

Any recommendations for these brands? I think there may be some good VOX amps.

Here is what I posted the other thread. Btw Urgent because I might need to buy it tomorrow.

QUOTE: I want a new amp for my Epiphone SG-400 with a Seymour Duncan C8 bridge pickup (A Seymour Duncan custom with an Alnico 8) and a Powered by LACE neck pickup. I want something versatile. I play mainly rock (90's stuff, alice in chains, , pearl jam, tool, rage against the machine, even radiohead, etc), stoner rock, classic rock, hard rock, psychodelic rock. I love to use distortion, fuzz... I don't want to sound metal. Edit: I also need cleans, I like to play clean too and I like to play trippy stuff, using my phaser + delay + wah, or just my phaser without any distortion. My budget is around is 400$ tops. Any recommendations are welcome! I'll go to a music store next week and try the amps posted here. Note: Need it for small and maybe medium gigs, and home recording!
Epiphone SG-400
- Bridge: Seymour duncan Custom 8 (Alnico 8 mag)
- Neck: Humbucker powered by lace
Fender Squier Stratocaster
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
Last edited by IronFox at May 11, 2015,
What type of music are you going to be playing?

Do you play in a band or plain to any time soon?

Can you link any stores you plain on buying from so we can see what these amps cost in your country?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 5, 2015,
If none of the ones you mentioned are available, then it makes it difficult to make recommendations based on limited availability. If I was in your shoes, I would take my $400, my pedalboard, and guitar to the music store and just try out amps (especially valve amps for what you are looking for) and make a decision based on that. We could list brands all day, but fall short because of the store's availability.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Quote by Robbgnarly
What type of music are you going to be playing?

Do you play in a band or plain to any time soon?

Can you link any stores you plain on buying from so we can see what these amps cost in your country?

Yeah, I quoted my needs in my first post. I just edited the quote hashtag, so it's easier to notice. Take a look in my original post
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
VOX VT range is good for starters and simulations.

Marshall DSL40C will probably do well for a long time.

Orange Tiny Terror, Dark Terror no fx loop but great sounds.

Laney VC15 - great all around, maybe a bit smallish speaker.

If you want bigger sounds to gig with band look for 50 watt heads, Marshall DSL JCM2000 is great overall.
Start with the Marshall DSL40C (not the MG series) or one of the Laneys.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Is Vox AC15 any good? I just read that the Vox store here in Peru just got some in stock last week.
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
AC15 is a great amp but if you want to do high gain stuff you'll need help with an overdrive pedal in front. Test it out and see if you like it, it is usually a well liked, respected amp that you can probably keep for a long time.
Quote by IronFox
Is Vox AC15 any good? I just read that the Vox store here in Peru just got some in stock last week.

Yes, but they are more classic rock tones unless you use a distortion pedal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks! I'll go to the store later tonight with my guitar and try the Ac15.

After extensively looking, I found one retail who sells a Peavey Vypyr 100. Is it any good, too? I really dislike when amps have a lot of effects... I nearly never use em, cause all I need is what I have on my pedalboard (except maybe for reverb which I might buy a pedal for it soon). So I looked for the Peavey valveking or classic 30 with no luck. But is it worthy? The Vypyr I can afford.
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
Quote by IronFox
Thanks! I'll go to the store later tonight with my guitar and try the Ac15.

After extensively looking, I found one retail who sells a Peavey Vypyr 100. Is it any good, too? I really dislike when amps have a lot of effects... I nearly never use em, cause all I need is what I have on my pedalboard (except maybe for reverb which I might buy a pedal for it soon). So I looked for the Peavey valveking or classic 30 with no luck. But is it worthy? The Vypyr I can afford.

The vypyr tube 60/120 is nice, I wouldn't waist my time with a vypyr 100
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Which one is better, Vox VT50 or AC15? Found a used Vox Vt50

Edit: Also thanks, won't check the vypyr 100 then
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
Vox are known for their AC series, all the way back to the Beatles. Those are their true tube (or in Brit. lingo "valve") amps.

The VT series stands for "valvetronix", which is a marketing term, made up to sound fancy and "valve-like". There are hybrid amps, I think they throw a tube in the input stage and before the power amp to warm up the sound somewhat, but they are digital modeling amps...think of them pretty much as a guitar processor paired with a power amp.

Compared to the other modeling amps these sound good but the AC series is THE Vox amp.

The VT series is a Korg multifx paired with a budget class 4 power amp.
Last edited by diabolical at May 6, 2015,
Will Musician's friend ship there? I am loath to recommend this but at this price, if it only lasts for a year you'll be in front.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Will Musician's friend ship there? I am loath to recommend this but at this price, if it only lasts for a year you'll be in front.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

I'd have to agree on this
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
"This item doesn't currently ship to Peru."

"This item ships to:
United States"
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
On the other hand:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/jet-city-amplification-jca2212c-20w-1x12-tube-guitar-combo-amp/h76847

Ships to Peru. But I can't see how much are the taxes for the shipping. Maybe shipping all over here costs more than buying another amp here :/ (Btw, amps here are more expensive than in EEUU, because they're imported. I say my budget is 400$ but in reality it's like 500$-600$ cuz all amps costs a little more.)
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
Great little amp. Buy it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, that is a good little amp and would work well for you. Just remember the US has 110/120v but that amp has a multi tap tranny so it will work on 220v also. I have no idea what the voltage is in Peru
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I just checked how much does it cost to import something that heavy to Peru. About extra 400$. Can't ship.
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
doesn't mercado livre have a peruvian equivalent? I know Brazil and most south american countries have a website for used stuff that is much cheaper than buying new
Can you post websites that you can order from in your country so we can see what is available to you?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Can you post websites that you can order from in your country so we can see what is available to you?

Yeah actually I can.

http://www.musicmarket.com.pe/p/categorias/2/Amplificadores--de-Guitarras/7

http://www.marinimport.com.pe/amplificadores/amplificadores-de-guitarra-electrica

This one is the marshall + vox retail:

Marshall: http://www.importmusicperu.com/listas_precio/productsbymarca.php?marca=marshall#AMPLIFICACION-AMPLIFICADORES

Vox: http://www.importmusicperu.com/listas_precio/productsbymarca.php?marca=vox#AMPLIFICACION-AMPLIFICADORES

http://www.pedalshopperu.com/#!amplificadores/c10tw

That's all I can think of.

doesn't mercado livre have a peruvian equivalent? I know Brazil and most south american countries have a website for used stuff that is much cheaper than buying new

Yeah but I don't see any of the amps recommended here listed.

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.pe/amplificador-guitarra#D[A:amplificador-guitarra]
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
Last edited by IronFox at May 7, 2015,
Wow, that's a really hard selection to work with. I really don't see anything great in your budget.

This is the best thing I see. http://www.marinimport.com.pe/productos/MUSTANG-III

That's a decent amp, and loud enough to jam with. It should take pedals alright, but I don't have personal experience using pedals with that amp. The FX are probably decent though. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
get that ac15 a few pedals and be done with it man. that's the best amp out of everything that you have near you.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
One last question (I hope)

I miiiiiight find a Fender Blues Jr III on sale tomorrow, is it worthy too? I don't usually dig fender amps that much, too bright / crispy sounding for me, but is this amp any different?
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
good amp and takes pedals well. Won't do metal without help though. It's got a useful FAT switch and a decent EQ so it's not unversatile
I have tried a Blues Jr III once, and I thought it was great. It is a small amp with great tones. Alone, it won't do the br00tz, but that is what pedals are for.

BTW, as it was already asked, how about Mercado Libre? Is there anything worth?

I'd also take a look on eBay - as I usually do. A lot of sellers are willing to ship abroad, and will take a Better Offer, so prices and shipping can be negotiated.
i hate to be an ass, but this isn't URGENT. if an amp is smoking and melting components it is. if your amp is down and you have a gig in two hours, then its pretty close to urgent.

kind of like crying wolf. i know its just a forum on the internet, but this isn't URGENT. save that for the people who need fast replies.

________

i wouldn't recommend the blues junior. they are kind of bland for a fender amp and they wont get you close to metal without a metal pedal, and good metal pedals cost quite a bit more. for example wampler or something run for >$200.

the vox AC15 would be better, but you would still want a metal pedal for metal. again not ideal, but its a better amp than the blues jr.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i hate to be an ass, but this isn't URGENT. if an amp is smoking and melting components it is. if your amp is down and you have a gig in two hours, then its pretty close to urgent.

kind of like crying wolf. i know its just a forum on the internet, but this isn't URGENT. save that for the people who need fast replies.

It kinda was. The biggest music retail here in Lima had a massive sale, so I had to decide fast (Every fender guitar 50% off, every amp, everything). It was nuts. Lasted the last 3 days, but couldn't make it due to exams and if you wanted to enter the store you had to wait for 5-6 hours in line almost (store was full all day long).

Now it isn't urgent anymore, I couldn't make it to the sale :/

On the other note, thanks guys. I'll try the Vox with my pedalboard. It's a little over my budget but I might spend a little more. I'll tell you how it goes
Epiphone SG-400
BOSS MT-2
BOSS DS-1
BOSS DD-7
EHX Big Muff Pi
Crybaby wah 535Q
EHX Small Stone
Laney 15W extreme
Last edited by IronFox at May 10, 2015,