I'm not looking for tips or advice, because I don't think there is any.

I'm wondering if anyone else has felt they've genuinely "lost" it?

I mean I've been learning alot on guitar, but I can't mind the last time I wrote something I considered good, or something I saw through to the end - I tend to get so dis-enchanted so easily these days.

Is this a sign I've been writing too long or something?
I released an album last year, and since then, I've written a drone piece and 2 piano miniatures, and that's pretty much it. I've had no real writing success in months. At the very least, you're not alone!
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Trees always strive for sunlight. They twist and bend until their leaves can catch the rays of light that pour through the jungle's thick canopy. And all the while they grow ever taller and never stagnate. The only trees that don't grow are the ones that are dead.

Like the tree, you must grow. The sunlight might not be where it was before. You must find it again. For the sake of your muse, stretch your tastes and your capabilities. Never give up.
Godspeed.
It's just part of it, man. I've been working on an EP for about a year, and I'm only just now getting around to finally recording it.

The reason it's taken so long is because when I write, there's just a lot of songs that just don't turn out. They're either absolutely horrible, or nothing happens at all. Yeah, I said it. Sometimes I sit down to write, and I just can't figure anything out. With both lyrics and music. Like previously said, you aren't alone.

Just keep on keepin' on, brother!
OAS AAS LLS!

Classically trained flutist; Intermediate guitarist; Hopeful vocalist

Check out my music, Downtown Joyride!
Reverb Nation
YouTube
Facebook
Quote by Cheesepuff
Trees always strive for sunlight. They twist and bend until their leaves can catch the rays of light that pour through the jungle's thick canopy. And all the while they grow ever taller and never stagnate. The only trees that don't grow are the ones that are dead.

Like the tree, you must grow. The sunlight might not be where it was before. You must find it again. For the sake of your muse, stretch your tastes and your capabilities. Never give up.
Godspeed.

Good post thanks for that.

And yeah not alone TS. Songwriting isn't easy if it was everyone and their neighbour would be a Buddy Holly, but hey it's not so bad if being a songwriter doesn't work out for any of us we could always become DJs..
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112