This is kind of a shot in the dark but I figured I'd ask anyways. I was given a Digitech BP200 Multi-Effect Pedal which is the Bass guitar model. I've been using only certain features on it with my guitar, and it doesn't sound all that bad. However, I'm very limited as to what I can do with it due to it being a pedal made for the Bass Guitar, alot of the settings just don't sound good.

Is there any way of modding the pedal to alter it from a Bass Guitar Effects Pedal to a regular Guitar Effects Pedal? Maybe remove a resistor or capacitor (just an example) or anything that can be done to turn it into a full blown guitar effects pedal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Quote by extrememma1
This is kind of a shot in the dark but I figured I'd ask anyways. I was given a Digitech BP200 Multi-Effect Pedal which is the Bass guitar model. I've been using only certain features on it with my guitar, and it doesn't sound all that bad. However, I'm very limited as to what I can do with it due to it being a pedal made for the Bass Guitar, alot of the settings just don't sound good.

Is there any way of modding the pedal to alter it from a Bass Guitar Effects Pedal to a regular Guitar Effects Pedal? Maybe remove a resistor or capacitor (just an example) or anything that can be done to turn it into a full blown guitar effects pedal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No, go buy a MFX for the guitar. You can get Line 6 POD XT live for $100, Zoom G3 is another decent cheap MFX
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Unfortunately I've been out of work for quite some time due to some serious back problems and multiple surgeries, so the money I have is very limited and I can't go spend it on gear as I'd like to. I used to have a Digitech RP100 (If I remember correctly) but it got lost over the course of time, so m buddy gave me this one.

Given that money is short, and I'm somewhat handy and have the tools, I was hoping somebody knew how to mod it into a full blown MFX for guitar rather than bass. It's not super important, just would open up more possibilities for use on the pedal, and would be a fun little project for my crippled ass, lol.
You would probably have to mess with the dsp chip(s) internally that are in the pedal, not the pcb components. That would require some sort of software, coding knowledge, etc. I imagine that the digital effects coding does not actually vary much between the bass and 6 string guitar units anyway, although I could be wrong.

Sorry about your situation. :/ If you are able to put any money down, you could get the RP155 for less than $100. It's a guitar unit, everything on it is reasonable. The amount of difference you hear could be night and day c: