Hi Guys!

Which of the above is a better beginners guitar?
Also can the soapbar pickups handle heavy metal?
They're both good guitars for their price, but if you're going for metal, I'd say go for the Schecter. Any guitar can play any style, but the single coils in that prs are far from ideal for that. The omen extreme has humbuckers. if your choice is between those two, and you want to play metal, the omen would be the way to go. But there are other options in that range. I'd recommend going for a used guitar with that budget. You'll get something with better pickups that way.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Quote by the_bi99man
They're both good guitars for their price, but if you're going for metal, I'd say go for the Schecter. Any guitar can play any style, but the single coils in that prs are far from ideal for that. The omen extreme has humbuckers. if your choice is between those two, and you want to play metal, the omen would be the way to go. But there are other options in that range. I'd recommend going for a used guitar with that budget. You'll get something with better pickups that way.

Cant go used as i am from india, and we dont get used here.
Actually i am just starting out to play guitar, so i want a guitar that is versatile enough to play all styles ranging from clean tones to heavy metal occasionally.
Depends on what kind of metal you want to play. Most metal players- especially the ones in the newer, more extreme genres- favor humbuckers of some kind.

Prog metal guys play all kinds of guitars. HSH and HSS Superstrats are common, but HH and HHH guitars- some with coil splitting- pop up, too.

Look at classic metal, and you'll see Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath fame favors P90s, but he's a rarity.

Assuming you're leaning towards older styles of metal, between these two, and with your stated goals as a player, I'd go for the PRS.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 6, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Depends on what kind of metal you want to play. Most metal players- especially the ones in the newer, more extreme genres- favor humbuckers of some kind.

Prog metal guys play all kinds of guitars. HSH and HSS Superstrats are common, but HH and HHH guitars- some with coil splitting- pop up, too.

Look at classic metal, and you'll see Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath fame favors P90s, but he's a rarity.

Assuming you're leaning towards older styles of metal, between these two, and with your stated goals as a player, I'd go for the PRS.

Yes i am interested in playing stuff like AC/DC, black sabbath and some times metallica.
The P90s should do fine with the first 2, but Metallica might be a stretch. Still, depending on the amp & pedals you use, you may be able to do that, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
the low end schecters i have tried have always been pretty shitty. i can imagine the PRS would be built much better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/