So I recently acquired a Boss GT-100, and I've hooked it up to my Laney IRT Studio via the four cable method. Couldn't get any sound to come out, but I realized I had to engage the S/R on every patch, which is fine, I'm working with one patch for now while I work things out.

My main problem right now is that I can't get anything that's supposed to be routed after the S/R to engage with me. This is how I have it set up;

As you can see, S/R is engaged and set to its stock settings. BUT, for reasons I can't understand, none of the effects after that S/R tab are activating. For the sake of an example, I'm wanting the delay to operate, but it could be anything.

I can move the delay in front of the S/R, it works fine. Everything in front of the S/R works fine. But literally EVERYTHING between the S/R and output blocks is bypassed. The Div to Mix section, I assume, is only relevant to the standard hookup method, because the amp models and gates in that bracket aren't responding either.

I have a feeling there's a very simple answer, but I'm hungry and frustrated and it's not jumping out at me. It can't be the cables, I made sure they were okay and hooked up correctly, and I'm switching channels on my amp's switch without hassle. It's gotta be something about the way the patches are written/routed.

Anyone who understands GT-100's, please shed some light! I'm going to go eat something before I lose it. Cheers!
You have it set up in this way, right? You should be able to add post pre - amp effects in, check again. Perhaps try removing any amp sims if you have any running.
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Last edited by 2Crosser at May 6, 2015,
Laneys usually have a tiny slide switch at the back of the amp with a level knob. If the cables are connected correctly then check if the switch is set to "insert" on the back of the amp & the level knob is at 12o clock. Recheck the cable connections though the phones socket is very close to the L out on the GT.
Thanks guys, I've found my problem. Had the expression pedal cocked all the way back, and accidentally came across the volume pedal function in the patch I was playing with. All the way back had the volume at zero and all the way down had the volume at 100; I've never had anything to do with volume pedals because I've never needed one, so I never gave it a second's thought until now. Didn't realise the expression pedal was a foot pedal when disengaged. Thanks anyway!
^that made us look like noobs. Rude!
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by staceap
Thanks guys, I've found my problem. Had the expression pedal cocked all the way back, and accidentally came across the volume pedal function in the patch I was playing with. All the way back had the volume at zero and all the way down had the volume at 100; I've never had anything to do with volume pedals because I've never needed one, so I never gave it a second's thought until now. Didn't realise the expression pedal was a foot pedal when disengaged. Thanks anyway!

I spent an hour or more once rumaging around in my studio and DAW trying to figure out why I had no sound, changing cables etc. etc. I gave up, walked back in... went to watch something on Youtube to calm myself down before trying again... my monitors were on zero volume. Doh!