Like many of you I am a solo artist and have recorded a fair amount of demos. Now I am looking for a website or a recommendation for an engineer who can mix my tracks. I have tried to mix my own stuff before, but it is so draining. I would rather just write and record and have somebody else mix the tracks.

I have searched around my town and the audio quality is shockingly poor. So I was hoping if anyone knew of a website where I could find some talented engineers with some free time. I'm an Independent Hard Rock musician mostly.

I have my VERY rough demos here http://www.reverbnation.com/nikolaithepuppets

Thanks guys!
What city/state do you live in?

Check the ads in Tape Op magazine, there should be some good options in there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at May 6, 2015,
I could do it. I'm currently looking for projects to work on. If you're interested, PM me.

And yes, Tape Op's ads are pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you want it done reasonably by an engineer with major industry cred... Kent Verderico at Blue Ribbon. You have already heard his work in film, TV, and radio.

Blueribbonstudios.com
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 7, 2015,