Page 1 of 2
How many of you people here see the world bitterly and feel like all the majority cares about is what commodity they can get from you?

I'm going to guess its most of you. And we're just as bad as those sorts of people from time to time as well.

But how do you cope with being untrusting of other people's intentions? What do you do to accept and re-evaluate your expectations?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I saw where your avatar is from the other day. the fact that video has 25m views makes me more distrustful of human nature than anything else

I think people are by and large good.
yeah

i also don't trust people and have trouble making close friends because a kid i thought was my best friend ****ed me over pretty bad.

i'm still very nice to people even when i don't trust/like them. i guess i'm just a nice guy.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
How many of you people here see the world bitterly and feel like all the majority cares about is what commodity they can get from you?

all the time
I'm going to guess its most of you. And we're just as bad as those sorts of people from time to time as well.

I try not to be but I can be manipulative
But how do you cope with being untrusting of other people's intentions? What do you do to accept and re-evaluate your expectations?

I get to know them
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
all the time

I try not to be but I can be manipulative

I get to know them

I have a feeling this thread will be full of internet psychopaths
I have no problems with that. I simply do the same.

Not really that cynical though.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by genghisgandhi
I have a feeling this thread will be full of internet psychopaths

what the fuck is that supposed to mean m8?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I am an Existential Nihilist ok it is really hard being me
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
i certainly feel that people only talk to me because they want something, usually help with work. Its why i barely talk to people at uni anymore

its kind of shit but when every conversation turns to "so what did you do for X in the assignment? can i have a look?" after 30 seconds, it gets kind of pointless
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
i've been ****ed over in the past so i have a pretty hard time seeing the good in people

that and being depressed
Quote by genghisgandhi
I saw where your avatar is from the other day. the fact that video has 25m views makes me more distrustful of human nature than anything else

tbh I agree with this completely as well

genghis stop things I agree with, we're supposed to be mortal foes :mad:
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by genghisgandhi

I only ever see the psychedelic cat, so I have no idea what you're talking about m8.
Quote by Bladez22
i certainly feel that people only talk to me because they want something, usually help with work. Its why i barely talk to people at uni anymore

its kind of shit but when every conversation turns to "so what did you do for X in the assignment? can i have a look?" after 30 seconds, it gets kind of pointless

:/

I know exactly how that feels. I get so lonely because all people want to talk to me about is any assignment that is due in the next few days. While they seem like fairly nice people to one another. all anyone talks to me about is what the score is.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 6, 2015,
Cynicism is great! I find that being right most of the time is a rewarding thing, although I'm right about kind of depressing stuff...

Still right.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by steve_muse
I am an Existential Nihilist ok it is really hard being me

>not an antinatalist

get on my lvl
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I only ever see the psychedelic cat, so I have no idea what you're talking about m8.

it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel

This is 2015, not 2002. Download the extension and quit whining.

And nobody cares about people who use phones to browse.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This is 2015, not 2002. Download the extension and quit whining.

it's all coming back

growing up a leafs, jays & raiders fan prepared me for the soul crushing depression of our shitty world.
I'm cynical in the sense that I have no hope for humanity changing its evil ways but not cynical in the sense that I don't let it affect my day-to-day life and am a happy person anyway
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I'm cynical in the sense that I have no hope for humanity changing its evil ways but not cynical in the sense that I don't let it affect my day-to-day life and am a happy person anyway

How do you not let it affect you?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
How do you not let it affect you?

By accepting the fact that there is nothing I can really do except try to be a good person?

I think that if people were just nice to everybody and had some respect then most of the major problems in the world wouldn't even exist.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at May 6, 2015,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
By accepting the fact that there is nothing I can really do except try to be a good person?

I think that if people were just nice to everybody and had some respect then most of the major problems in the world wouldn't even exist.

I know I'm just taking this deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole, but how do you accept that there is nothing you can do about it?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I know exactly how that feels. I get so lonely because all people want to talk to me about is any assignment that is due in the next few days. While they seem like fairly nice people to one another. all anyone talks to me about is what the score is.

its lonely at the top

jk, i wish i was at the top, the sad thing is, is that im not even the best in the class... and for the record i tell them to fvck off 100% of the time when they ask for answers/shit unless its for genuine help, not just lets see your work. one guy got all pissy and hasn't spoken to me since, despite being in all of my lectures lol
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
its lonely at the top

jk, i wish i was at the top, the sad thing is, is that im not even the best in the class... and for the record i tell them to fvck off 100% of the time when they ask for answers/shit unless its for genuine help, not just lets see your work. one guy got all pissy and hasn't spoken to me since, despite being in all of my lectures lol

Yeah. Of course, I'm a lot more helpful towards people who are nice, and have helped me in the past. There's this one student on my course who isn't massively bright, but he is such a polite and courteous person to everybody that I cannot help but help him. I even give him tips about assignments that I've found when he didn't necessarily ask for them. I think if I'm going to have a friend come out of this course, it would probably be him. But he dropped out. Its a shame, I would've liked to have seen him do well.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I know I'm just taking this deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole, but how do you accept that there is nothing you can do about it?

TBH I don't know, I just do.

Why try to change the world? You're only here for a short time, just do what you can to enjoy it and don't make it shitty for others. That's my outlook, anyway.
Quote by genghisgandhi

yeah

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
TBH I don't know, I just do.

Why try to change the world? You're only here for a short time, just do what you can to enjoy it and don't make it shitty for others. That's my outlook, anyway.

Its really at this point that when I try to find an answer, I hit a brick wall. Any method of 'dealing with it' that I've ever heard leads to a statement that just raises more questions.

I struggle a huge amount with tolerating the bullshit this world has to offer, even if I know there's nothing I can do about it. If anything, knowing that there's nothing I can do just cripples me even further. I'm an idealistic person and I don't know how to deal with that, because there's no real 'method' of dealing with it as far as I can tell. According to everybody I've asked, it just 'happens', whatever that means.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I don't.

I have an upbeat and optimistic view of the world.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Its really at this point that when I try to find an answer, I hit a brick wall. Any method of 'dealing with it' that I've ever heard leads to a statement that just raises more questions.

I struggle a huge amount with tolerating the bullshit this world has to offer, even if I know there's nothing I can do about it. If anything, knowing that there's nothing I can do just cripples me even further. I'm an idealistic person and I don't know how to deal with that, because there's no real 'method' of dealing with it as far as I can tell. According to everybody I've asked, it just 'happens', whatever that means.

What do you mean when you say you are being crippled?
It takes too much effort to have such a negative outlook on everything. Kill em with kindness.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

every morning he breaks his legs, then every afternoon he breaks his arms

and at night, he waits for his heart attacks to put him to sleep

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I like the world and I like people, except for "bitter" and "cynical" people who are just tiresome. And whose problems are usually of their own making.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

To be emotionally crippled. To feel utterly worthless and insignificant, because nothing I will ever be or do will help the problem. And I cannot get out of hating that.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
To be emotionally crippled. To feel utterly worthless and insignificant, because nothing I will ever be or do will help the problem. And I hate that.

Do you have depression?
Quote by ErikLensherr
I like the world and I like people, except for "bitter" and "cynical" people who are just tiresome.

+1000
Quote by ErikLensherr
I like the world and I like people, except for "bitter" and "cynical" people who are just tiresome. And whose problems are usually of their own making.

you just dont understand me man

Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Do you have depression?

For the larger portion of my lifetime.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Look mate, read some Voltaire and probably some Rousseau. While both have strong points, just like life, it's mostly made of compromises.....but in the end, everyone individually amounts to nothing in this world.
People you see driving in the driveway feels they have a duty and maybe you too, but what are you to them? I started to ignore the ignorance of this world and focused on myself, because I believe that it would give internal happiness and the ultimate goal in life is happiness in my opinion. I also think that people serve the world because the world's happiness is their own internal happiness, not because they genuinely just want everyone else to be happy...or maybe other's happiness is their internal happiness, ahh what a paradox.
Why is it always "the ignorance of the world" and not "maybe I too am a dickhead"
Quote by Hence My Name
Look mate, read some Voltaire and probably some Rousseau. While both have strong points, just like life, it's mostly made of compromises.....but in the end, everyone individually amounts to nothing in this world.
People you see driving in the driveway feels they have a duty and maybe you too, but what are you to them? I started to ignore the ignorance of this world and focused on myself, because I believe that it would give internal happiness and the ultimate goal in life is happiness in my opinion. I also think that people serve the world because the world's happiness is their own internal happiness, not because they genuinely just want everyone else to be happy...or maybe other's happiness is their internal happiness, ahh what a paradox.

Isn't happiness meant to be a process though?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Page 1 of 2