Hey all

I have been interested in an Ibanez RGA321 Prestige for some time now. Looking at getting one this weekend.

How are Prestige guitars compared to other similar priced guitars and are they worth it?
Anything in particular I should look for/ take into consideration?

Thanks
If you want a completely impartial opinion, any guitar is worth it if you think it's worth it.

If you think its a great guitar, then get it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I've got a Ibanez prestige rga321. They're very solid guitars, especially once you've set it up well and installed some good pickups. They have superb playability, are versatile with a 5 way pickup switch, have good sustain, they have a nice tone and volume when played unplugged, and they look great. I use it in tandem with a Gibson Les Paul.

It gets my recommendation
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
i love my prestige ibbys. i have a 1570, 2570evsl, and a 3550mz. the ibanez pickups will need swapping. i threw a crunchlab and liquifire in one and have plans of getting new pickups for the third. great guitars, once they are set up right, the tremolos are great, i hammer on mine pretty good too.

i like them more than the jacksons and LTD's that i have owned in the past. i will be buying a fourth some time down the road (just dropped the money on a rockerberb, so it may be a bit).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Played a Prestige. Liked it a lot. Then I bought a Premium Series RG at half the price of that, and I wonder why anyone would buy a Prestige. Specification wise, Ibanez are often criticized for their pickups. (There are exceptions though.)

Worth noting that you must compare prices locally. Ibanez have been much better priced in Europe than in the US lately, relatively speaking. My Premium cost as much as an Epiphone basically.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
prestiges are made in japan and premiums are made in god know where southeast asia.
considering you can get a used prestige for less then a new premium I don't know why anyone would buy a premium.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Prestige and premium are on a different tier. The premiums are way overpriced for what they are, especially that used prestige models go for less.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/