My brother makes some videos about games for Youtube and is currently wishing to improve the audio quality of his videos. I have an audio interface I could lend him, but I have no idea on what mic to use for this purpose as I'm not familiar with this kind of thing.

I was thinking a condenser mic could give him more comfort but I suppose it'd get too much bleed from the computer's fans. So I though a dynamic mic with a pop filter would be a good solution.

So what do you think? Would a condenser work or not? And what mic would you recommend for this?
I was thinking a Shure SV-100 would do it for pretty cheap (though I wish it could be cheaper), but I have no idea on a condenser option.
Keep in mind that I need to go very cheap as the dollar rate is very high in my country.
Any help is very appreciated.
Im gonna leave the mic recommendation to somebody more experienced, but I will say this- I use dynamic mics for vocals in my recordings, and it seems as though the input gain required to get a good loud vocal signal (with my lips about 6 inches or so away from the mic grill) is more than enough gain to basically hear all the bullshit noises going on in the room. Maybe its even worse for condensors, but its still a challenge with dynamics in my experience
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Videos about games? You mean as in reviews, commentary and such? I'd go for Shure SM58. Don't overcomplicate it.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Watterboy
Im gonna leave the mic recommendation to somebody more experienced, but I will say this- I use dynamic mics for vocals in my recordings, and it seems as though the input gain required to get a good loud vocal signal (with my lips about 6 inches or so away from the mic grill) is more than enough gain to basically hear all the bullshit noises going on in the room. Maybe its even worse for condensors, but its still a challenge with dynamics in my experience

Interesting. Maybe a lavalier would be a good option then?
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
Videos about games? You mean as in reviews, commentary and such? I'd go for Shure SM58. Don't overcomplicate it.

Actually, going for a Shure SM58 is overcomplicating it a lot. As there's only one company which imports Shure's products in my country, the prices are over the top for the more well-know products (the ones which have fake variants everywhere). To make sure I'm buying the real deal I'd have to pay something around R$650,00 (minimum wage here is R$788,00), so yeah, not a viable option at all.
The broadcast industry standard is a Zoom H1. About $100
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at May 7, 2015,
The go to broadcasting mic is Sennheiser MD421, Electro Voice RE20, another one is Shure SM7B. These are not cheap but second-hand might not be that bad.

If you don't think this warrants enough, you could try some of the cheaper MXL and AT condenser mics, if noise is an issue, any dynamic should do.

I like Senn e835, but honestly the $50-$100 dynamic mic range should be fine.
AT2005USB would probably be perfect as it has USB input and XLR:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AT2005USB
another one would be the Electro Voice N/D767a which is great for broadcasting.