Poll: What is the best guitar brand in you opinion?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is the best guitar brand in you opinion?
Gibson
16 16%
Fender
32 32%
PRS
13 13%
Epiphone
4 4%
Ibanez
13 13%
ESP
5 5%
Jackson
5 5%
Other(Please Specify)
13 13%
Voters: 101.
Page 1 of 3
Hey guys I need to collect data for a stats project and I can only get so much from local sources so thanks for helping out, just pick which of the brands is the best in your opinion.
idk probably Fender for me cause dat jaguar and dat thinline tele
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've played around w/ a few and landed on Schecter as my favorite. The stock pickups aren't the best, but best deal you can find price-wise with aesthetics/setnecks/mohogany/etc IMO
Every brand is good for different reasons.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Every brand is good for different reasons.

This. There are too many different models between all those brands to pick just one. I tend to like Stratocasters for funk and blues, Telecasters for jazz, blues, country, rock, Les Pauls are great for rock and can be okay for metal, PRS makes good all-around guitars, Ibanez have great metal guitars, etc.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
This. There are too many different models between all those brands to pick just one. I tend to like Stratocasters for funk and blues, Telecasters for jazz, blues, country, rock, Les Pauls are great for rock and can be okay for metal, PRS makes good all-around guitars, Ibanez have great metal guitars, etc.

Dean is best for looking like a jackass.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Who plays guitar anymore. Come on TS. It's the 21st Century.

OT: PRS
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by theogonia777
Dean is best for looking like a jackass.

hey hey cmon now... Dean is best for Dime-squeels

I met the Dean guy at a local shop Michael Angelo Batio clinic. Cool dude w/ glasses and a black cowboy hat; guys were nice enough to sign my First Act with "practice more -- M.A.B."

...until I spraypainted it black and drew red blood designs on it... and smashed it for a HS video project :/
Slinky
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Fat Lard
hey hey cmon now... Dean is best for Dime-squeels

I met the Dean guy at a local shop Michael Angelo Batio clinic. Cool dude w/ glasses and a black cowboy hat; guys were nice enough to sign my First Act with "practice more -- M.A.B."

...until I spraypainted it black and drew red blood designs on it... and smashed it for a HS video project :/

Wow way to prove his point by completely defacing Michael Angelo Batio's honest wishes.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
fendre :-)

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Wow way to prove his point by completely defacing Michael Angelo Batio's honest wishes.

lolz, true... :/

Funnily enough, I did go through "guitar puberty" with a Dean evo XM... goddamn I miss that guitar. But yeah, I was too much of a jackass to own a First Act. First Act's are reserved for badasses, not jackasses.

yeah. a non-beginners' First Act is pretty stellar.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
as long as slash plays it, it gets my vote

---- every 12/13 year old "guitarist" on this site.

but srs, fender or gibson for classic tones.

if you're looking for modern metal guitars just get an ibanez or some shit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I like Fenders the best.
Strats for blues/funk
Teles for that twangy twang
Jaguars for grittiness
Jazzmasters for that smoooothness
Their pawn shop series that does some f*cked shit

and don't forget you metalheads, Jim Root (Slipknot/Stone Sour) has Fender models and that guy rips

EDIT: Also, don't forget they have a price range for all kinds of people and their value is pretty reasonable (as compared to Gibson's only mid-high-very high range).

Fender is the most well rounded, therefore they are the best.
Last edited by SunshineMusicO at May 7, 2015,
Quote by Not a Les Paul
No Schecter?

Fail. Go home and don't come back.

why not les paul

lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

IMO: Blackmachine, Ormsby, Tueffel and Hufschmid.

Also, First Act custom shop models are horrendously good.

Any of these brands will blow ANY Fender / Gibson / Jackson etc out of the water
Last edited by MH400 at May 7, 2015,
Hell yeah Not a Les.

Good calls MH400, forgot how rock-hard I used to get scoping bmachines and hufschmids back in my sevenstring.org GAS jelly days
Quote by Not a Les Paul
No Schecter?

Fail. Go home and don't come back.

Schecter make some really good guitars, some of their models are really versatile, e.g. their version of the telecaster they released.

I'm a nearly completely a Gibson player but I actually have to hand it to Fender at the moment because Gibson have screwed themselves around lately. Had this been 1976 I would have voted differently, possibly because I wouldn't have been born.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I have a collection of about 15 guitars of different sizes, shapes, countries, etc. I'd pick Gibson for electric, and handmade guitars for acoustic. But if handmade doesn't count, then Martin for acoustic, Cordoba for nylon-string (insanely good guitars if you're on a budget) and I have a Gitane Gypsy Jazz guitar (parent company is Saga) that I absolutely love.

I don't really have any super expensive guitars. My most expensive non-handmade guitar is a Gibson SG that right now goes for about $800 new.

I got an Ibanez Artcore for Jazz that I think is really great for the price. Them and Epiphone are imo the best Jazz guitars you can get under $800.

I have a Mexican Fender Strat that's pretty crappy but it was my first electric from when I was a kid, so I've been considering updating the pickups, bridge and tuners to make it a higher quality instrument.
Also what's up with no Rickenbacker?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I really haven't played enough guitars to have a strong opinion, but I do like Ibanez.
Schecter for sure with ESP coming in second. I'm surprised Schecter wasn't on the list.
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
As many already noted, Schecter. You just don't get even remotely the same thing for the same money as a schecter.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by henrihell
As many already noted, Schecter. You just don't get even remotely the same thing for the same money as a schecter.

LTD and PRS SE.
They all make fine guitars, just different.
I mainly have Ibanezes but my favorite guitar to play is my home assembled tele... go figure.
¯|(°_o)/¯
I'm not much of a ERG nerd, but Agile is a fantastic brand. They have such a huge variety of # of strings, colors, styles, and scales lengths, and make it fairly easy to customize to a certain extent.
Daisy Rock blows everything else away. The the day that I played my first one, I immediately went home, and sold my Gibsons and my Fenders--I was Daisy Rock lifer.
Quote by Fuzz Aldrin
Daisy Rock blows everything else away. The the day that I played my first one, I immediately went home, and sold my Gibsons and my Fenders--I was Daisy Rock lifer.

I prefer Ibanez. I have four guitars, each from a different brand, and I love the Ibanez the most.

Although I wouldn't say no to a PRS. PRS is dope too.
PRS has my vote overall. My LTD Tele is still my go-to guitar out of my collection though. It's just one of those things I never expected...

A lot of the Fender based (boutique I guess you can say) brands I come across every now and then are sweet.
I owned an Ibanez and it was okay, so I'm going to say Ibanez.

This is how most people vote on your poll.*

edit:* unless they have a tried a guitar and is pisses all over their current one and so they are just voting for the one they want.

just helping you out if you weren't aware of what biases are going to crop up in your data.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
if you're doing a stats project, this info might be biased based on the guitars people own/play/listen to
that said, it would be pretty hard to remove bias…
also, go fender prs and Ibanez!
I would say a third of the people who would vote PRS actually own a US made model. A lot of people maybe own a SE model but respect the US made guitars...they either just can't afford it or justify spending THAT much money at the moment like me but they know the quality of them first hand. Lots of other factors too obviously.
Gibson for me.

Though, Fender seems to be more reliable.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Page 1 of 3