Page 94 of 94
inb4 refugee crisis of disaffected english people
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
SNP were 85% for me followed by 79% Lib Dem. Labour down at 69% and Tories last on 30% lol.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
genuinely didn't know BNP still existed

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's a shame the left are so split that we keep fucking Tory blocking up.

I'm going to vote for whoever keeps a Tory out of my constituency. I live in the second most leftie city in the uk though so it's not a difficult task.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's a shame the left are so split that we keep fucking Tory blocking up.

I'm going to vote for whoever keeps a Tory out of my constituency. I live in the second most leftie city in the uk though so it's not a difficult task.

Unlikely that plan will work in my constituency. 117% are old, white, male farmers with money, or they live in Gainsborough and are therefore white and read The Sun. Still, got my postal vote sorted though.
Yeah, my constituency is pretty much a lock in for Tory. Dunno whether to vote Labour just in case or stick with Greens again

60-70% Tory constituency here, might vote ukip for jokes
Roses are red
Birds love to fly
Existence is pain
I just wanna die
You are all very lucky to not have UKIP as a threat.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Labour is a wasted vote in my area and the Lib Dems have seriously fallen in popularity because the local lib dem council have dubious plans to build 1 billion new houses that nobody wants. 

Either I vote Tory because the local MP doesn't want to build 1 billion new houses or I go for a joke option like Monster Raving Loony
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Labour is a wasted vote in my area and the Lib Dems have seriously fallen in popularity because the local lib dem council have dubious plans to build 1 billion new houses that nobody wants. 

Either I vote Tory because the local MP doesn't want to build 1 billion new houses or I go for a joke option like Monster Raving Loony

What's wrong with 1 billion new houses

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51

"NIMBY"

New houses are a great thing. Everybody agrees on this.

Just "not in my back yard."

EDIT: That was a paraphrased quote from a Conservative councillor I had regular contact with who I'm pretty sure he ran as Conservative purely so he could get voted in on that and make a difference. very anti Brexit, anti cuts... all sorts that made him not an arsehole.
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 22, 2017,
i think jack voted for brexit so he's probably everything i hate about the british electorate

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51

It would screw up the local countryside/woodland and see a huge increase in local population, which is going to put a lot of pressure on schools, surgeries and various other local services. Also there's only one main road through the planned development areas, so the current traffic problems would only get worse. 

5 of the 6 candidates running in the local elections have said it's a dumb idea, the only one who hasn't so far is the Lib Dem guy. 
Quote by JackSaints
It would screw up the local countryside/woodland and see a huge increase in local population, which is going to put a lot of pressure on schools, surgeries and various other local services. Also there's only one main road through the planned development areas, so the current traffic problems would only get worse. 

5 of the 6 candidates running in the local elections have said it's a dumb idea, the only one who hasn't so far is the Lib Dem guy. 
but don't you have a housing shortage in your area? How can you address that without building new homes or is you only bugbear that you can't see where there will be an improvement in infrastructure (schools, roads etc)?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
but don't you have a housing shortage in your area? How can you address that without building new homes or is you only bugbear that you can't see where there will be an improvement in infrastructure (schools, roads etc)?

The thing is, a lot of developers submit applications that don't address existing problems. They just see land next to a B-road, cram 200 houses onto it, and call it a day, even if it's already congested.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by OddOneOut

The infrastructure issues have either been addressed pretty vaguely or not at all. I think new homes are inevitable, they just need to be built in areas where they won't cause more problems than they solve. The issue is still ongoing and the council are considering other development areas (which will ease the infrastructure concerns), so hopefully things will be alright in the end. 
Quote by Random3
They should totally build that railway from Birmingham to London tho. And extend it to Scotland. And extend it to the Channel Tunnel. Then the Scottish people can commute to Disneyland.

Like fuck is a Scot going to spend money to go to Disneyland to go on rides and shit when there's a perfectly good rope on a branch for free on a nearby moor.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Like fuck is a Scot going to spend money to go to Disneyland to go on rides and shit when there's a perfectly good rope on a branch for free on a nearby moor.

Don't get many trees on moorland.

An besides, we've got M&D's

/wrists
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by OddOneOut
So basically, everyone agrees most with SNP. Despite not being to vote for them. SNP then Lib dem were top for me. I'll probably vote Tory to ensure UKIP don't get a look in since my area were 3rd highest brexit voters in the country.

To be fair, though, it's an oversimplification- bit like the NI parties, even if SNP did stand here I'm not sure I'd be wanting to vote for them since they want scottish independence.

Quote by Random3
They should totally build that railway from Birmingham to London tho. And extend it to Scotland. And extend it to the Channel Tunnel. Then the Scottish people can commute to Disneyland.

extend it to NI while they're at it
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

can't wait to move back to york

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Honestly fuck Labour I'm voting Lib Dem. Their treatment of the Tim Farron homosexuality issue is utterly hypocritical.

Tim Farron, nice guy but I don't agree with him politically.  That channel 4 news interview where they attempted to pressure him into saying homosexuality is a sin was a disgrace.  I'm not religious but I felt the way they interviewed him on his Christian beliefs was crass.  I very much doubt that they would interview a prominent muslim politician in such a way.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, I think they might be gaining some UKIP votes off of that.

yeah but UKIP are gonna #BanTheBurka

There's no way current Labour will gain any UKIP votes. The Tories wil take them because of Brexit. 
Quote by JackSaints
There's no way current Labour will gain any UKIP votes. The Tories wil take them because of Brexit. 

But they get an extra day off work to celebrate our patron saint that was born in Turkey.

And by 'day off work' I mean an extra 24 hours to drink super strength lager, or pitch up in a Wetherspoons.
Quote by Trowzaa
yeah but UKIP are gonna #BanTheBurka

good ban all religions
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
Quote by slapsymcdougal
So, the main plank of Labour's election manifesto is apparently nothing to do with Brexit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39682388

Oh I see what they mean, give all the bank holidays to all of the UK. That's actually a pretty decent idea, since it'd sort of make it more obvious what the other constituent parts of the UK's patron saint's days are.

Also more holidays.

Also 4 fewer days for the banks to destroy the world economy
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

So, who an guess where the photoshop got applied to this image?

Quote by Diemon Dave
Corbyn not attending any debates that Theresa isn't attending. Therefore we're having no debate. What a quality election so far.

bring back UG classic
^ better than the last time we had good debates where someone seemed amazing and promised the earth and then tore that all up to get into power in a coalition.

well, not better, but not necessarily worse, i guess.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

I miss the Lib Dem / Tory coalition. Way better than what we've got now and why I'd support a Lib Dem comeback given how shite Labour is right now.

bring back UG classic
oof

well, i suppose you might (just about) argue that they were slightly better than the tories alone, but at the same time it was kind of galling to see them there more or less rubber-stamping tory policies. and giving them a more reasonable face.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Labour is a sinking ship this election, and are going to get wiped out. They're trying to take the Lib Dems with them in some fucking bizarre vindictive scorched earth campaign, in my opinion right now. It's fucking shameful and Labour is not getting my vote personally, hopefully my seat will return a Lib Dem MP.

Labour with candidate Daniel Zeichner have the following results:
18,646 total votes taken.
36.0% share of the total vote

Liberal Democrat with candidate Julian Huppert have the following results:
18,047 total votes taken.
34.9% share of the total vote

599 votes in it, hope Lib Dems can take it back.

bring back UG classic
yeah i'm no real fan of labour either

in hindsight maybe you could've picked a better choice for the like button?
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman