So my Mesa Mark V suddenly went completely silent yesterday while I was using it on 10w mode. There's no sound at all, just complete silence when I'm on this mode. I've tried replacing all the preamp tubes and the problem still occurs. I've also swapped the 6L6 power tubes with my sets of four EL84 tubes, and it doesn't seem to be a power tube problem. This only happens when I'm on 10w mode (on any of the 3 channels). 45w and 90w modes work fine.

Any idea whats going on and how to troubleshoot/fix this? I know I will need to bring this to an amp tech but just curious about what might have caused this and if there's any way I could fix it myself.

Thanks guys
Switch channel 1 and/or 2 to 45w mode and select the tube rectifier. If the sound drops out then there's your issue.

If the sound doesn't drop out then I have no idea.
Quote by ndl.alex0608
So my Mesa Mark V suddenly went completely silent yesterday while I was using it on 10w mode. There's no sound at all, just complete silence when I'm on this mode.

It's just pissed and insulted that you'd even go there. I'm surprised that it didn't go to Slap You Upside The Head mode. You should feel lucky that all it did was give you the silent treatment.

Quote by ndl.alex0608

I've tried replacing all the preamp tubes and the problem still occurs. I've also swapped the 6L6 power tubes with my sets of four EL84 tubes, and it doesn't seem to be a power tube problem.

You should never swap 6L6's with EL84s.

EL34s, maybe.

Quote by ndl.alex0608

Any idea whats going on and how to troubleshoot/fix this? I know I will need to bring this to an amp tech but just curious about what might have caused this and if there's any way I could fix it myself.

Check the RectumFlyer.
Quote by some_dude_2
Switch channel 1 and/or 2 to 45w mode and select the tube rectifier. If the sound drops out then there's your issue.

If the sound doesn't drop out then I have no idea.

Thanks some_dude, you're right, there's no sound if I switched it to Tube mode from Diodes. Gonna sound like a total noob here, so does this mean I need to replace the 5U4GB rectifier tube?

@dspellman: Yeah you're right, it's EL34, my bad. I've got a Marshall that uses EL84s, I always get confused between these two :P I'm a complete noob when it comes to tube amp specs
Quote by ndl.alex0608
Thanks some_dude, you're right, there's no sound if I switched it to Tube mode from Diodes. Gonna sound like a total noob here, so does this mean I need to replace the 5U4GB rectifier tube?

Yes.

10w mode uses the tube rectifier. 90w uses the diode rectifier. 45w ithe rectifier is user selectable on channels 1 & 2.