Hello!

I am currently looking to buy my very first electric guitar on a very tight budget (90 quid tops, less is ideal) and so far I've stopped on 2 options.

Number one is Squier Standard HSS (Purple) for 70 quid. 15 years old but in mint condition, the action is a bit high I think but could be just me. Comes with a padded bag and a strap.
Number two is Harley Benton ST-62 from Thomann for 82 quid. Comes with a 3 year warranty and Wilkinson pickups which I've heard are quite good for the price.

Could I get some suggestions/personal opinions here? Really struggling with making this decision as I will have that guitar for years to come.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LaMaestro at May 9, 2015,
Of those, I would choose the Squier without a doubt.

Squier make some great budget guitars, and as you're buying used when you come to upgrade it you should be able to get most of your money back. Alternatively it would make a good backup guitar.

The Harley Benton may be an acceptable learner guitar, but nothing more than that and when you come to sell it the depreciation is likely to be huge.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud