Deoxit is good but any electrical contact cleaner from an electronics parts store will do fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i am going to take a stab as well and say your power tubes are on the way out.

spray some deoxit on a plug, and insert a few times.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am going to take a stab as well and say your power tubes are on the way out.

spray some deoxit on a plug, and insert a few times.

Most likely this.

If you want to try cleaner and can't find Deoxit in your area, Radio Shack has "tuner cleaner" which has done really well for me.
Quote by diabolical
Most likely this.

If you want to try cleaner and can't find Deoxit in your area, Radio Shack has "tuner cleaner" which has done really well for me.

FYI Radioshack went bankrupt. last time i checked there is only one open locally out of the ten there used to be. i heard that t wasn't even certain if that location would stay open. but any contact cleaner will work.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by diabolical
I went to mine to buy that contact cleaner specifically , they closed 2 out of 3 in my area so you're right, don't know what is happening with these guys.

they have been going downhill the last 10 years. cell phones were the only things that were sustaining their business. last time i called mine asking if they had a capacitor, to see if they had what i needed, he didn't know what the 'micro' symbol was and i had to go up there and they had it. another time they didn't know what a SPDT switch was .

they used to be cool a long time ago though when they had kits for building and wiring and stuff. long gone. i remember when i was like 10 my dad brought me back this kit for a little electric car to build that followed light via a photosensor, it was fun building it and playing with it. it was damn tight. it was a PCB with a chassis for the wheels and i had to populate the board and my dad helped me solder it. cool as shit. nothing like that anymore though.

(sorry for going off topic)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Contact cleaner can usually be found at hardware stores like Home Depot. Since the advent of computers and such, there is a demand for it.

If you have no contact cleaner, there are other cleaning solvents that work just as well. While I doubt that any musical instrument company recommends it, I have had great results by dipping a Q-Tip into a bottle of gun cleaning solvent (Hoppe's No. 9) and swabbing the inside of the jacks. It works great, and in some cases made all of the difference in the world.

R.I.P. Radio Shack. I guess the do-it-yourselfers are a dying breed.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks for all the help. Tubes are fairly new and glowing really well, and the super beefy sound I get 90% of the time gives me some hope it's not a tube issue, though it certainly could be. I'd just rather test the loop jack theory first before handing my amp over to a tech.

I'll see if I can scare up some Deoxit.
DeOxit would be my recommendation.

But I'd open up the amp and check the ribbon cables (if there are any) before replacing power tubes. Often those will be the culprit, and simply cleaning them out and re-establishing a tight connection will help, and sometimes they'll need to be replaced. I bought one amp from eBay that was only playing at bedroom volumes. Replacing the ribbon cable on one side of the FX loop fixed it right up.
DeOxit is just awesome. I use it on every electrical plug now. It ate the corrosion off my salt water boat trailer lights.

It also completely revived an old Peavey Audition 20 I was given back to working from nothing but fart noises.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by PB26
Deoxit worked, no more volume fading in and out.

good! that is what i like to hear.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Sprayed it on both ends of a patch cable off my pedalboard, in and out 10 times for each jack; then resprayed ends, in and out each jack 5 more times, then both back in and left them overnight. Done!