KJP,

This is cool. I really like the composition. The tone you got without your cab is actually really good and your playing is nice and tight too. I liked your solo, it had a very old school egde to it for me. The drum patterns work well although mix wise the ride cymbal sorta jumps out and needs taming.

It would be good to hear this with some vocals and bass guitar to complete it.

If you fancy checking out my stuff its here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1676176

Cheers
Thanks, Mr Badger. Oldschool solos are my forte on account of the fact that I couldn't shred if I tried, so I'm glad there's at least once person left in the world who enjoys that sort of playing! The bass is there but it's mixed to beef up the guitars rather than sit separately (and to mask my sloppy bass playing!). Not much I can do about individual cymbals, which is annoying, but you're right.

Listening to your stuff now. I like the combination of super-heavy riffs with a more gentle vocal style. In that respect it reminds me a bit of Katanonia but blusey rather than outright miserable. 'Remember Me' has a great groove; it could be Willie Nelson singing for Disturbed, which sounds weird but I mean it as a compliment!
Last edited by KJP at May 10, 2015,
Quote by KJP

Listening to your stuff now. I like the combination of super-heavy riffs with a more gentle vocal style. In that respect it reminds me a bit of Katanonia but blusey rather than outright miserable. 'Remember Me' has a great groove; it could be Willie Nelson singing for Disturbed, which sounds weird but I mean it as a compliment!

KJP - Not sure what the crack is here. I dont have a gentle vocal style or any songs called "remember me". Perhaps I have misread what you wrote but I cant help feel you might be listening to somebody else..... Shame because your review is positive....

Shit, that's what I get for having too many links open at once! Clicked the wrong bloody thing.

I really like the melodic lead bit at the end of YOUR track 'Sickness in Mind'. It's kind of hypnotic. I also dig your thrash-meets-black metal vocals. I could totally sacrifice a goat or two to this stuff.
Thanks mate! Checking out your stuff now. I especially like the riffage at the end of 'Black Chain Smoke'; it reminds me a little bit of Load-era Metallica (which I mean as a compliment, honest!).