It's OK for someone like a kid who might take 2 lessons and then quit and you don't want to be out much money. Junk for anyone who plans on sticking with it. Guitar could be OK...at that level it's hit and miss, but the amp is crap.
No...... Do not buy that, you can snag a used amp and guitar for way cheaper, and probably better quality too. Check craigslist. That deal is way too much, literally their buyback on lp special ii is around $30.00 and they wouldn't buy the amp back at all. For $75.00 its a cool deal but $200.00 no way
No.

Ask a friend if they have a guitar that you could borrow for a while. Then decide after playing that guitar for a little while, if this is something you want to commit to. Then buy something better than that heap of junk you've linked, with the confidence of knowing that the hobby is right for you.

And if you don't happen to enjoy it? Send the guitar back to your friend, having made a loss of precisely zero, as opposed to the $200 you spent on buying that POS.

Buying a cheap piece of shit because you don't want to lose much money if you choose to quit makes no sense (and often a self-fulfilling prophecy because the guitar is junk to play, which hampers your progress, thus discouraging you from further practicing) when the aforementioned option might be available to you.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 10, 2015,
Good deal for a beginner?
Yep. If you need all that stuff and you only have $200 to throw at it.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
it's decent for a beginner who never really wants to advance. If you're serious about getting better and playing for a long time I would consider spending a little bit more on a higher quality instrument, that you can play even after you've become better.

Long ago when I first started,which was like around 11 years ago, I bought a beginner guitar booklet, and it recommended to buy used instruments from like a pawn shop to get better deals, and its not a bad idea. Pre owned instruments can be far cheaper and you'll get a higher quality instrument...Also I agree with one of the other posters, you should borrow a guitar first or something like that. Guitar might not be for you. You don't want to waste away $200

But it really is a better idea to buy used from like reputable dealer, guitar center, pawn shops or whatever, that way if you have issues you can always bring it back if its under warranty. There are some waaay better guitar than that lp for cheaper.
Last edited by CrippleBastards at May 10, 2015,
This is new chum's dilemma. Those with a bit of experience know how to sort the sheep from the goats, new chum's don't. It is probably fine as a start, but something from the local hock shop would likely be a better bet - if you can get someone with experience to help you choose.
Its a good thing I checked this post, because I just about ordered it lol. I'm more than sure I want to learn how to play. What would you guys recommend for a first guitar? I could spend around 350$. & the only things my friends play are Xbox one and 360 lol, so borrowing one is out of the question
You sound like my little cousin, he and his friends do nothing but play gta v online on the 360. lol, he also started to play guitar recently, and he got a pretty decent squier and amp for $130 I think.

There's a lot of things to think of when you want to buy a new guitar, will you be playing cleaner styles of music or more hard rock? If you want to play more hard rock, then a guitar with humbuckers will probably be better for your style, if you want to play cleaner music, like less metal and all that then a guitar with single coils would be better..

But to not over complicate it. You should look at whats in your local pawn shop or in the used section of guitar center. and try out what you feel suits you better.. Or if you want to order online,read some reviews on some used gear and go from there.

I got a pretty good deal on a craigslist guitar, It was an epiphone black beauty, new they sell for around $700, and the guy sold it to me for $200. So that shows you, you can get some pretty decent deals if you're willing to buy used, but craigslist is always a bit risky for a lot of reasons. So yeah.. Check out the used gear in guitar center first

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by CrippleBastards at May 10, 2015,
I wanna play stuff along the lines of Mötley Crüe, ACDC, Nirvana, Metallica, Guns N Roses, etc. I gave all of that kid stuff up since I'm graduating in 2 weeks lol. Currently in the process of selling all of consoles and games. & the thing is, the closest music store to me is about an hour drive away. I most definitely need a recommendation on which brand/model would be good for me.
Since you are on a budget of $350. I would go for like a epiphone les paul 100(or something similar), brand new they're $270 or so, you can get them used for as cheap as $130. I would prefer it over the one in that pack you wanted. and for an amp, i'm not really sure but a fender mustang sounds perfect for a beginner. They have a lot of good reviews and they're really versatile from the sounds i've heard. I have a schecter omen 6 that I got like 10 years ago, and it's been one of my favorites, its perfect for metallica and stuff like that. I've upgraded the electronics and hardware, but the way it came was pretty good too. If you like that the les paul look check out the LP's in your price range.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Mustang-I-V-2-20W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-108587833-i2824871.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Used-Epiphone-Les-Paul-100-Bolt-On-Black-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-111156890-i4329429.gc
What would you guys recommend for a first guitar? I could spend around 350$
For guitar and amp? Or $350 on the guitar alone?

I still have no hesitation recommending the Epi Special as a an excellent value first guitar. I kept and played mine stock for 15 years. Studio, touring .. the works. Just tarted it up and gave it to my son as his first.

Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by CrippleBastards
Since you are on a budget of $350. I would go for like a epiphone les paul 100(or something similar), brand new they're $270 or so, you can get them used for as cheap as $130. I would prefer it over the one in that pack you wanted.

No.

The Les Paul 100 is just a glorified LP Special with a clownburst paintjob, 2 volume and tone controls and a bit of binding. It sucks just as hard as the Special II. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
Quote by Danustar

I still have no hesitation recommending the Epi Special as a an excellent value first guitar.

No.

The LP Special is a complete piece of shit imo. They typically come with terrible fretwork, terrible finishing, shockingly cheap electronics, cheap wood and is just put together cheaply overall. It is a terrible, terrible guitar.

Quote by TheBestNewbie
Its a good thing I checked this post, because I just about ordered it lol. I'm more than sure I want to learn how to play. What would you guys recommend for a first guitar? I could spend around 350$. & the only things my friends play are Xbox one and 360 lol, so borrowing one is out of the question

Assuming that you live in the US and you want a Les Paul for $200, choosing any other guitar apart from this one is absolutely unthinkable.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product6799.html

TS, this is your guitar. Nothing else in the $200 price range will come anywhere close to it in terms of quality. Its just insane value. Simple as that. Quite frankly, the fact that people are recommending Les Paul Specials when an Agile could be an option is ludicrous.

As for an amp, you can get a Peavey Vypyr 30 used for peanuts. Combine that with the guitar and it'll be yours for about $350-400.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 11, 2015,
Well I recommend an lp because he seemed to want one . I know many people like the lp look and $350 is a pretty tight budget for both an amp and guitar.

A vypyr or a mustang , those are both solid looking amps . Anyone will do . Check out the agile guitars then ? But I have no experience wth them so I can't say . Except avoid one with a tremolo . I dislike tremolo systems especially in budget guitars . They're too difficult to maintain
get a Fender Squier with a proper setup - that's the best bottom tier guitar.
By the way I have seen korean lps and a few random customs sell for $350.00 on craigslist every week, so telling the guy snag a special ii is a junk answer. Go to local craigslist and you will see 700-800$ guitars selling for that much, personally I'd snag a 90s korean epi lp and a 30-50watt combo