Hi UG,
I'm after a six string baritone and was looking to go used as everything in Australia is ridiculously priced new and as such I've been offered four guitars so far. I have a budget of around $1300 AUD and I'm looking for something with a 27" scale, fixed bridge to play in G# with the possibility of F# down the track. The kind of music we play is your standard djenty Northlane kinda vibe.

Here is what I've been offered so far what are peoples thoughts?

Fender Blacktop with BKP Aftermath in the bridge - $550 - this is a really good deal but I really not a fan of the silver colour and not sure how great it would sound in G# I've heard they're quite a heavy guitar?

ESP LTD HB-300 baritone - $700 AUD - This one I'm really unsure on, there's very little information about as it was made in 2002 I believe? The few comments I have seen are somewhat positive, again though no idea how this is going to sound in drop G#

Ibanez Iron Label 6 Baritone - $900 - Another choice, seems to be a pretty simple guitar the only thing putting me off with this is it's a 28" scale

Ibanez MMM1 - $600 - Another popular option it seems but I have read that it gets quite muddy below Drop A?

Would love to hear your guys thoughts, or if you have any other suggestions that would be great just keep in mind I'm in Australia. I was thinking of hitting up ET Guitars to see if they can make a six string baritone for under $1300 as well
Quote by joshmeulman

Ibanez Iron Label 6 Baritone - $900 - Another choice, seems to be a pretty simple guitar the only thing putting me off with this is it's a 28" scale

You say you want to play Djenty stuff, so the slightly longer scale will help with that a lot. After all, most 8 strings are around the 28" length anyway.
Yeah ok, this seems to be the advice I'm getting from everyone. Think I'll have to go hunt one down in a shop somewhere to see what it's like playing a 28".
My 7 string currently is only 25.5" in drop G# which is why I figured 27" would probably do the trick but maybe not
Quote by CorrosionMedia
You say you want to play Djenty stuff, so the slightly longer scale will help with that a lot. After all, most 8 strings are around the 28" length anyway.

No, Schecter is 28"

Ibanez is 27"

You don't need an 8 string for "djent"
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by CorrosionMedia
After all, most 8 strings are around the 28" length anyway.

I was referring to this. I see where the confusion is coming from now.

Misunderstanding on my part.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Last edited by lemurflames at May 10, 2015,
Quote by lemurflames
I was referring to this. I see where the confusion is coming from now.

Misunderstanding on my part.

Haha, misunderstanding on my part too!
Turns out their 8 strings are indeed 27" and I getting it confused with the Meshuggah 8 string which is 29.4" and the 9 string which is 28"
i don't have any real direct experience, but overall i have been very impressed with the ibanez iron label guitars i have played. i haven't played the baritone but the six and seven string models i really enjoyed.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have an Agile baritone for drop A and I often wish it had a little more tension. Don't be afraid of 28 inch.