good afternoon just bought this awesome guitar from the local shop here

i always wanted this guitar and every time i went to that shop to buy strings or whatever i always go and have a look and see if its still in it place and no one bought it (its the only one)

specs from the book

beautiful binding

loaded with Seymour Duncan® Distortion bridge pickup
Seymour Duncan® Jazz neck pickup

wow JACKSON much ?

another parallaxe in the collection

please ignore my username
the model name is Parallaxe PXS10FRDLXWB so yeah they should find a simpler names next time
Pretty cool, what really interests me is that cutaway that a tonne of Washburns have on them, how much difference does that actually make when widdling away on the higher frets?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Pretty cool, what really interests me is that cutaway that a tonne of Washburns have on them, how much difference does that actually make when widdling away on the higher frets?

It makes a pretty big difference

Nuno started using them in the 80's. They are really just licensed from this guy
www.stephensextendedcutaway.com/

HNGD that looks pretty sweet
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
nice. high end Washburn's are really nice guitars. sadly the only dealer we had in my area is gone so i don't really get to try out new models.

enjoy
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

i haven't tried it yet i mean i played it for like 5 minutes in the shop because i had to go to work ( posting this from work )

and thanks to Robbgnarly for the info
Quote by monwobobbo
nice. high end Washburn's are really nice guitars. sadly the only dealer we had in my area is gone so i don't really get to try out new models.

enjoy

yep im starting to love them
Congrats, looks great. Did it come setup? The action looks super low!

I could do without the lettering on the cutaway thingy and it would also look smother if it were the same color as the body. A more original headstock wouldn't hurt either.

Looks really well put together. Can we get a pic of the back?
Quote by billyTheShears
really nice, I love that finish, have fun with it

yeah man it look great although in some pics on the net it looks fire red but its a wine red
Yeah that looks really nice HNGD!
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by dthmtl3

I could do without the lettering on the cutaway thingy and it would also look smother if it were the same color as the body. A more original headstock wouldn't hurt either.

the action set just the way i like it maybe its the picture angle

sure im going to take a picture as soon as i get back to home or grab something to eat first
Quote by Robbgnarly
It makes a pretty big difference

Nuno started using them in the 80's. They are really just licensed from this guy
www.stephensextendedcutaway.com/

HNGD that looks pretty sweet

I have a Washburn N5 and an N24, both have the extended cutaway. Yes, it really adds a bit to what you can do on the higher frets.
Quote by dthmtl3

Sweet That looks badass.

I remember maybe 10 years back washburns were really good value here in the UK, but like monwobobbo, I haven't seen or tried any recent ones. But I really liked those older pro series ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

It makes a difference if you're a major thumb-wrapper and if you use the palm of your hand under your thumb to give you extra leverage for bends, etc. I don't really do either one, though I really like smooth neck heels (rather than the silly Les Paul clunky neck heel or the standard Strat clunky bolt neck heel).

It was developed for bolt-neck guitars more than anything else, and neck-through guitars like the Carvin series of superstrats don't need 'em. But it is a good bulletpoint for the marketing boys.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Sweet That looks badass.

I remember maybe 10 years back washburns were really good value here in the UK, but like monwobobbo, I haven't seen or tried any recent ones. But I really liked those older pro series ones.

cheer up dave at least you guys have more than just two guitar brands to chose from
Yeah that's true. Like I always say- there are far better places for gear availability than here, but far worse as well.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a ton of old 80's stage series and wing series. I inherited all of em. Are they still worth$ in the U.S.?
G-2v, G-5v, three B-5 basses, A-5v, two G-20v' s, six G-10v' s , two RS-70's.