Hi there, gang!

I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question - either way, here goes!

Lately I've been listning a lot to bands like Def Leppard, Queen, Skid Row, Boston, Bryan Adams and a lot more artists - and the thing is; I really like the overall tone these bands/guitarists produces! Therefore I wanna ask you guys if you have any tips and tricks on how to get a good 80's guitar sound/tone!

I own a Boss GT-10 and so far I've gotten some decent 80's replica sounds from it - I just wanna hear what other inputs and aspects I could try!

Thanks!
Marshall JCM800 and a Tube screamer as a boost
you should have those or very similar on the GT-10
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I always find adding a touch of chorus helps as well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
IMO an SD1 sounds more 80s than a tubescreamer. But they're both in the same ballpark.

Pretty much a hotrod marshally or soldanoey type tube amp. With a superstrat.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Take 70s gear, and put a Boss SD-1 in front of it.

Any Marshall master volume will do. Obv. JCM800s are the most popular and common.

Lots of reverb, lots of chorus. Everything has already been said. Just reinforcing.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
other factors make more of a difference, but whenever i think of 80's hair metal is dimarzio super distortion pickups in the bridge.

but again to echo, JCM800 or similar with reverb, delay, and chorus.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you want Queen, you need a wall of AC30's
Or at least one, with a treble booster. And a lot of use of a neck humbucker.
As for the rest, what everyone else said.
Quote by CodeMonk
If you want Queen, you need a wall of AC30's
Or at least one, with a treble booster. And a lot of use of a neck humbucker.
As for the rest, what everyone else said.

brian may uses single coil pickups . but agree with the rest Queen's tone is very different from the rest of what the OP has mentioned and it's not iterchangeable with the rest.