Poll: yo
Poll Options
View poll results: yo
You reap what you sow
31 47%
Of course I sympathize with them. They are human beings who are in a shit situation
35 53%
Voters: 66.
Page 1 of 4
of 4+ kids?

Like, when you see/hear about a single mother of 5 struggling to put food on the table do you sympathize with them?

I don't. It's like shit, wear a condom. Kids ain't cheap
Check out my band Disturbed
nah cause i wouldn't if it were a single father so why not a single mother as well
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Nope.

In fact people should get tax credit for no kids or just 1 kid.

The people who have multiple kids fully aware that they're unable to support them (as opposed to a serious drop in fortunes) should not receive any social safety net

There should be a tax on having more than 2 kids regardless

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at May 10, 2015,
wait, I misread. If you're talking single parent barely making ends meet, then yeah I'd be sympathetic.

If it's just in general, then both

also why isn't the question addressed to both fathers and mothers?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Voted before reading "of +4 kids" in OP

Those, no. 1 or 2 kids coming from a divorce, sure
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nope.

The people who have multiple kids fully aware that they're unable to support them (as opposed to a serious drop in fortunes) should not receive any social safety net

That's not really fair to the kids, tho.

Quote by Baby Joel

also why isn't the question addressed to both fathers and mothers?

Cuz single fathers of 4+ kids is really rare.
Last edited by StewieSwan at May 10, 2015,
Quote by StewieSwan
That's not really fair to the kids, tho.

They can blame their shitty ass parents.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Maybe she married a rich guy who said "let's make a big family and all be happy", then balked and ran the second he had to clean up baby poop.

Probably not though, so in all other cases - no.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nope.

This is ****ing stupid mainly because personal economic situations can change like the wind.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
This is ****ing stupid mainly because personal economic situations can change like the wind.

...(as opposed to a serious drop in fortunes)...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
One day you could happily have 4 kids and be supporting them well, the next day you could lose your job and get seriously ill, or have an accident leaving you unable to work. Have some empathy mate.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The poll is far too binary.

It entirely depends on why she has 4 kids. Was it a relationship that didn't happen to work out? Was she sleeping around? Was she the victim of multiple rapes?

And sure she could've had abortions, but the viability of that option depends on whether or not the mother can afford to have such treatment done. Not every single mum lives in a country with nationalised healthcare. Not to mention whether or not she supports the choice of abortion. I am pro-choice, but I'm not going to judge people as being stupid if they don't. That's up to them to decide.

There are too many factors involved for there to be a yes or no answer to this.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 10, 2015,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
One day you could happily have 4 kids and be supporting them well, the next day you could lose your job and get seriously ill, or have an accident leaving you unable to work. Have some empathy mate.

what part of "as opposed to a serious drop in fortunes" did you not understand?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, but I feel bad for the kids.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

sure
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Xiaoxi
Nope.

^****.

There should be a tax on being a ****. You'd be top payer. Unless I slit your ****ing throat first.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Was she the victim of multiple rapes?

lol
I seem to always agree with Xiaoxi, which prevents me from posting my opinion in these threads as it would be redundant to repeat the sentiment. This time isn't any different. I have 8 siblings and wholeheartedly agree with him.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Jehannum
^****.

There should be a tax on being a ****. You'd be top payer.
No way, my CPA would have a way to bypass it.

Unless I slit your ****ing throat first.

ok commando good luck with that lol

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jehannum
^****.

There should be a tax on being a ****. You'd be top payer. Unless I slit your ****ing throat first.

The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I love how people are apparently ok with kids suffering for the economic decisions of their parent(s). Actually I don't love it, I am quietly dying inside.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
bleeding heart libtards with your heads buried in the sand against the realities of resource scarcity

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at May 10, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
bleeding heart libtards

We know you can't sympathize with people. I also know why. But I can't post why cause it would get me banned.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
naturally she would claim 5 dependents. Then possibly tax credits like child credit & EITC.

Also, it sucks for the kids, but foster home/adoption might be a better option if single and full-time.
Last edited by Fat Lard at May 10, 2015,
Quote by Xiaoxi
bleeding heart libtards with your heads buried in the sand against the realities of resource scarcity

How many billionaires do we have? it's not about resource scarcity, it's about inequality.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
How many billionaires do we have? it's not about resource scarcity, it's about inequality.

How is this about inequality?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by StewieSwan
lol

Yeah rape is pretty funny isn't it
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Neo Evil11
We know you can't sympathize with people. I also know why. But I can't post why cause it would get me banned.

Because he is Asian and not nearly as well off financially as he wants us to think?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
For some, yeah. Everybody has a story. I don't have a blanket standpoint for everyone, good or bad.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yeah rape is pretty funny isn't it

Yeah.
Quote by The_Blode
My girlfriend wants to have my baby...I don't want a baby yet. She's more or less pushing me into it. I've been trying to avoid sex at all costs. We had a pregnancy scare some time ago, and she threatened to take the baby away from me and leave me aswell. We are geographically separated.

Uh...

Dump her...?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The_Blode
My girlfriend wants to have my baby...I don't want a baby yet. She's more or less pushing me into it. I've been trying to avoid sex at all costs. We had a pregnancy scare some time ago, and she threatened to take the baby away from me and leave me aswell. We are geographically separated.

^i thought you were breaking up with your gf in that thread lmao
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I don't make blanket judgments about people whose life circumstances I know nothing about.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't make blanket judgments about people whose life circumstances I know nothing about.

Oh please

Next you'll tell me "I don't see skin color"
Quote by The_Blode

...Why are you two still in a relationship exactly? You want the relationship to progress at different rates, she's already outed herself as a pretty cold person considering she made threats like that, and the fact she's trying to push you into it is pretty gross when you consider how life altering a thing that is for both parents. Plus on top of that, you're not even in the same place.

On-topic, way too case-by-case. Some single parents are the victims of unfortunate circumstance. Some are stupid people who don't know how to use a condom. Far too grey to be making black-and-white statements with.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Page 1 of 4