I found one of these on Craigslist. The guy sanded down the black and now it's got a natural finish. He also put D-Activators in it. I want a guitar that's super lightweight, plays well, and sounds good for various medium-to-high gain applications (post-rock/post-metal, rock, metal, punk). I've also got kinda big hands, would that be an issue?
I probably would. Even if it sucks, you're not losing much.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Are S420s not very good? I know for $250 I'm not getting something stellar, but I figured it'd at least be good enough for a beginner.
S420s are perfectly good mid range guitars. For $250 with aftermarket pickups it's a steal.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Helicopters!
Are S420s not very good? I know for $250 I'm not getting something stellar, but I figured it'd at least be good enough for a beginner.

He's referring to whether or not the specific example you're buying might have a mechanical problem, hence why it is so cheap.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee